Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Another Used Hellcat for sale

8K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  cdahl383 
#1 ·
#4 ·
So far I've only seen 2, both are at a dealer, not being privately sold. So my thinking is the car belonged to the owner, he/she drove it around for awhile, enjoyed it and now is going to sell it, I don't think the car was sold to the public originally. Also seeing as that it's at 65,100 and the reserve still can't been met, they are trolling for suckers.

#13 ·
I have mixed emotions about the sale of a used Hellcat. One side of me says it's a ploy for someone/some company to make a quick $10K to $15K because it's "available" now. A few hundred or a couple of thousand miles is not going to kill the perceived market "value", and an opportunity to have one now still pulls hard on "some". On the other side, I was one of the "some" that wanted one in the worst way and when ordering time was upon us, I did not have the ability to pull the trigger...things changed and I paid for it, in more than one sense of the word. I still, however, after looking at both sides, think someone is just trying to make a buck...yup, maybe it was too much car and Clint Eastwood had it right again...valid, valid points, to be sure.

I will say this about all that...every time I see another Challenger that is not a Hellcat, I get a little slow burn in the pit of my stomach that reminds me of what I have sitting in the garage. Every time I hear or see someone throwing HP and Torque stats around, my friend the slow burn comes back. I have never been more thrilled to own a piece of current/future history than I am owning (ok, payments) my Plain Jane Hellcat. I like all the Challengers...I just have a relationship with mine. Would I do it all over again...I would. I'm no Saint and I'm certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but man I dig my ride, even though the practical side is turning over in its grave.

BIG DAWG sends

#15 ·
The payment is the #1 reason, hell you can make a nice house payment. Cars are not a good investment, unless you have money to burn.

To each his own, enjoy life.
House prices across the nation are all over the place.Around here the monthly price of the hellcat will get you a place in the Ghetto.

#17 ·
Nicely said Big Dawg!
Enjoy your ride brother!!

#19 ·
Once a car is titled & registered it is now classified as a Used Car. Depreciation hits hard and the value of that car just dropped significantly.
I agree, but it seems that rule doesn't apply when a dealership tries to sell a used car, especially if they used it as a demo car. If the car was truly owned by someone outside of the dealership I'm sure that person took a big hit on it.

#20 ·
I bought my PCP R/T C used off a Chevy lot with 451 mi. on the clock.
Stealer wanted a few hundred more than what a comparable new R/T C was going for, because in his words "this is a rare color and the car is only going to go up in value"...yea, right - I was born at night, just not the night before!
It had already sat there for two months, so I ended up getting it for $8300 less than what I could have paid for a brand new R/T C off a Dodge lot.
I think he lied, the car hasn't gone up in value LOL

#21 ·
The payment is the #1 reason, hell you can make a nice house payment. Cars are not a good investment, unless you have money to burn.

To each his own, enjoy life.
You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house to work. :smileup::gy:

Vienna is a well to do area to my East, right outside the DC beltway. Not surprising they are asking so much $$$.

#22 ·
I've seen people walk in the dealership look at the car to potentially buy it and leave .im thinking the color is killing it the one they have is the green color.i love the challenger hellcat but honestly I have to say he car is lacking some interior upgrades for 65000 dollars

#23 ·
I am like everyone else, trying to make a fast buck off it, I dream of having one but that's about it a dream. like someone said you cant drive a house and to me that is what it is. my house cost alittle more then that but I would rather have a house. but if I could ah just a dream

#24 ·
see I think its what you want, I am not a speed guy I love the power my RT give I mainly like the looks of the car. but others out here are speed guys and is willing to pay the money to get the car, and some just drove in head not thinking about the cost of gas, tires, insurance, payment, and then everyday life.

#25 ·
As long as folks continue to "feed the troll" so to speak on the Hellcat, the price will continue to be way too high. I wouldn't mind owning one, but now that I have my 392 SRT, I can wait for a used one at a reasonable price.

#26 ·
I took a look at a couple of other Challenger forum entries, specifically the Scat Pack one, and the same concern about availability that is rife in the Hellcat "community" is beginning to rear its head there.

I find it incredibly smart on Chrysler's (FCA) part, at least initially, to drum up the business and get the wires buzzing, yet at the same time, it shows they have little understanding of the buying public's appetite for HP, or their willingness to forgo other things in order to have their dream sitting at the house and kicking butt on the strip. The commercial campaign was terrific and hit the mark nearly every time. However, you don't profit from a kiss and a promise, you profit from units in the back door and then quickly out the front to a happy consumer.

Time to hire more technicians, pump up the pressure on the subs, press the managers to ramp up production without compromising quality and get those Hellcats out to the public. Really, how tough is that? Chrysler is not making any money from the markups...they get theirs when the unit is designated to a dealership...but, I'm preaching to the choir...apologies...

BIG DAWG sends

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.