Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks a million to member @Stagecoach1998 for the great deal i got on my pedal commander!

Wow! These cars should definitely come like this from factory. Was a pretty quick install and right away set it to sport +2, it was amazing. When my wife got home from work i had her drive it around the block she asked if the little box was like nitrous LOL! I have the m6 so it will definitely take a few trips to dial it in just right. On my way home from practice i put it on sport+ +2....O.M.G. I couldn't stop laughing.

If you're on the fence at all, do it, you won't regret it.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
I installed mine about a month ago and I can't imagine ever going back to driving without it. The Pedal Commander should come with a little spring mounted hand to mount on your rear window to wave goodbye every time you punch the gas!

upload_2019-10-9_5-31-3.png

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear it works for ya, first review I've read from someone with a manual trans. Now you have me thinking, its just the price is turning me off, by the time you convert to Cdn$, it's a little steep. In any case have fun!
Be patient and keep checking out forums for members selling theirs. It's what i did and got a great deal!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
I lied, I actually just ordered it pretty excited, kinda like a fat kid in a candy store excited...
Let me offer some insights as a recent PC convert... ;)

You have an automatic, as do I. The lower gears on my 5 speed auto have a hard time keeping up with Pedal Commander's sudden accelerations from dead stops (I can feel the gears tumbling). Your 8 speed may fare better, but try finessing acceleration as opposed to punching it from dead stops (while in Sport and Sport+ modes) if you experience the same gear tumbling.

Download the Android or iOS app to your phone. So much easier to switch between modes from the app interface than the tiny Mylar face of the Pedal Commander, especially while driving. I keep my phone mounted on a vent clip so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

While it's generally safe to switch modes while driving, avoid doing so during rapid deceleration, hard braking, or hard cornering. I threw a throttle sensor CEL last week when I exited the freeway and attempted to switch to Sport mode from Sport+ mode while slowing down on the offramp.

Pay attention to your foot's muscle memory. While in Sport+ mode on the freeway, I have found myself drifting into 90-100 mph using the same foot pressure I normally apply when cruising around 80 mph without the Pedal Commander. There's a learning curve, but it's not steep.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK at around 10:30 a.m. This morning my pedal commander arrived, by 10:40 a.m. it was installed. So for the past few hours I've been driving it up-and-down at the one spot where I can actually let it rip and not worry about any law enforcement. To me, city plus 0 is almost exactly stock I didn't notice any difference. But man when I did sport plus 2 did I notice a huge difference to me it really made me feel the 400' pounds of torque. While it did not improve any of my 0 to 60 times some were actually worse due to wheel spin, I will say it is a rush to drive it. I did not go above sport plus 2 . The throttle response was exceptional and the instant power made me feel like I had an extra 50 horses under the hood. Overall I'm super happy and can't wait to play with it more. After I get my car seats done I will definitely be investing in wider rims so I can put some 275s on it to get that extra grip. The 245s just don't cut it. That's what I had on my Cadillac CTS. Also the phone app makes it much easier as was advised to do. Simple tucked the PC in the side net pocket and it's not seen.

Overall pleased

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK at around 10:30 a.m. This morning my pedal commander arrived, by 10:40 a.m. it was installed. So for the past few hours I've been driving it up-and-down at the one spot where I can actually let it rip and not worry about any law enforcement. To me, city plus 0 is almost exactly stock I didn't notice any difference. But man when I did sport plus 2 did I notice a huge difference to me it really made me feel the 400' pounds of torque. While it did not improve any of my 0 to 60 times some were actually worse due to wheel spin, I will say it is a rush to drive it. I did not go above sport plus 2 . The throttle response was exceptional and the instant power made me feel like I had an extra 50 horses under the hood. Overall I'm super happy and can't wait to play with it more. After I get my car seats done I will definitely be investing in wider rims so I can put some 275s on it to get that extra grip. The 245s just don't cut it. That's what I had on my Cadillac CTS. Also the phone app makes it much easier as was advised to do. Simple tucked the PC in the side net pocket and it's not seen.

Overall pleased
Awesome to hear! C'mon get it over with already...... try sport+ lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you tell if this one will fit my 2012 SRT8 6.4L or would you need more info?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just read/saw this topic this morning and viewed a few of the UTUBE video's. Man, I am all in, just ordered it. Hope
to have the same response as everyone else who has the pedal commander. Will update, after install.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts