Thanks y'all!

Sure is tempting.

But then I read these.

Any truth to these criticisms? Overblown or "where there's smoke there's fire?"

·
More Than Just A Car
20,375 Posts
Hi Art,

I didn't mount my Pedal Commander using the Velcro because of the same reason. I just thought it wouldn't last. Instead I placed it on the forward console where (surprisingly) it doesn't move. And because of this placement, I was able to avoid pulling back my carpet or opening the plastic trim under the steering wheel.

Instead, I wedged the PC cable under the center console trim. Come to think of it, it's probably the angle and shortness of the PC cable that keeps the Pedal Commander module in place. I just use the Android app to change mode settings.

View attachment 244224
View attachment 244225

That thing is huge, and so is the cable for it...

It's not really , its small at least to me it is, since I use it between my truck and the car , I mount it with velcro, I use the 3m tape on the back side of the velcro for the piece that sticks to the dash. No issues so far and its easy to take off and put on just press and done

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,346 Posts
It's not really , its small at least to me it is, since I use it between my truck and the car , I mount it with velcro, I use the 3m tape on the back side of the velcro for the piece that sticks to the dash. No issues so far and its easy to take off and put on just press and done
Placement is key. Try to mount your PC in a convenient location where you can flip it out of sight with a minimum of movement. If you get pulled over for practicing your Constitutional right to free throttle :D let's assume that most LEO's know what a Pedal Commander is and why you have one. Kiss ticket forgiveness goodbye because your speed enhancing device will be noted in your citation.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
But it's not a speed enhancing device......it don't make ya go faster.......

It just lets ya go quicker.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
So it'll give a more gratifying throttle response experience, but no actual acceleration enhancement? Quarter-mile times won't improve?

·
Registered
188 Posts
So it'll give a more gratifying throttle response experience, but no actual acceleration enhancement? Quarter-mile times won't improve?
I do not drag race but I would say not likely. It just helps dial in throttle response. Which is just the time between you pressing the gas pedal to when the throttle/engine responds.
I say that because I believe most use track mode and start on the line with a set RPM so throttle is ready. Not 100% there would be a benefit.
Would be curious to know for sure though.

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
I do not drag race but I would say not likely. It just helps dial in throttle response. Which is just the time between you pressing the gas pedal to when the throttle/engine responds.
I say that because I believe most use track mode and start on the line with a set RPM so throttle is ready. Not 100% there would be a benefit.
Would be curious to know for sure though.
Don't over think this mod. If you have a stock Challenger that is not tuned,you will notice a slight ( but very annoying delay IMO ) between the time you step on the gas pedal and the time the car takes off. This mod eliminates that delay completely. When you step on the gas,the car takes off immediately. That's what it does. It livens the car up. You have to decide whether eliminating that delay is worth it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Sitting here, socially distancing myself from the world and figured I would bring this topic back to the top. Let's get more drivers to ditch the lag! Hopefully without ditching their cars if you know what i mean?. Definitely best mod for the money in my opinion.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,346 Posts
Just seems like overkill....and ive had a ticket before for exhibition of speed...or, squeeling the tires. And it wasnt even from a muscle car lol. Dont need that again.
Completely understand. Every Challenger is unique to his or her owner and it's one reason why it's one of the most customized mass produced muscle cars on the market today. Between the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro, the modern Challenger has consistently evoked it's 1960's/1970's Mopar heritage since the first model year in 2008. Most of us purchased our Challengers based purely on that nostalgia, and part of that nostalgia recalls neck-snapping mechanical acceleration.

Think of the Pedal Commander as the throttle input equivalent of aftermarket exhaust systems that many of us have also installed on our Challengers to recapture that iconic engine lope from the muscle car era.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,375 Posts
So I’ve been joying the PC now for a bit and playing with the settings, really enjoy sport +3. Anyway I thought I would try something today, I shut off the PC and put the stock tune back on the car and holy $h!t. The car felt like it had a piano tied to its ass, no way this is the same car!! Once you get going say over 50 or so the change wasn’t a big , but starting off wow.
If anyone is on the fence about a tune from Hemifever and the PC its time to jump off and go for it! I couldn’t get back home fast enough to put everything back on and make me and my car happy again., there is no way you can go back.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I had contacted Sean at Hemifever tuning regarding if the last tune he sent me had the throttle advanced any, and he assured me it did not, and even though she is pretty peppy after the tune installed, in deliberate throttle testing I did notice some throttle lag was present.

Now for the record my Pedal Commander has been turned off for about 6 months, still installed, just turned off. The last settings I was experimenting with was City, the 0 setting, meaning no plus or minus just City.

The first turn onto paved road and we were off, and I got the Look! :cautious:

Don't get concerned I just turned the Pedal Commander back on, I'm not driving like this all day, don't worry. :devilish:

Next turn, I gave too much pedal, and I had a Holy Sh!t moment! :oops:

As well as her! :eek:

Sorry, Pedal Commander did it! :cool:

I'll have to relearn driving the car. :sneaky:

Forgot what this thing can really do but there is no lag. :)

81 - 100 of 116 Posts