101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Thanks y'all!

Sure is tempting.

But then I read these.

Any truth to these criticisms? Overblown or "where there's smoke there's fire?"
Apparently it doesn't like Fords, I don't know of any of this happening to Challenger or Charger owners. My wifes Pedal Commander was switched from her 2015 Challenger she traded for a 2019 Charger and it has worked flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
To paraphrase Tom Cruise in Risky Business: Pedal Commander. There is no substitute.
You can always blame it on the Pedal Commander! :)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,329 Posts
Apparently it doesn't like Fords, I don't know of any of this happening to Challenger or Charger owners. My wifes Pedal Commander was switched from her 2015 Challenger she traded for a 2019 Charger and it has worked flawlessly.
Anyone can focus on the negative reviews, but numbers don't lie. When I see any product on Amazon, I look for the combined percentages for 4 and 5 star reviews. 85% is an awesome review score.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
After it being turned off for 6 months and turning it back on as I posted above, the next morning when I went out to cold start it, knowing what it had been sounding like every morning, the start did not sound normal at all, so I turned the Pedal Commander back off.

I'll probably end up disconnecting it now, after that happened, I personally have spent many thousands in upgrades, to risk hurting my engine over a $400 dollar item, it is just not worth it.

There is zero need to argue with me, I won't be changing my mind on this.

If you want to know what it did, the best example is if you took an old carbureted engine and pumped the accelerator to force fuel into the carb too much and then went to start it up, the engine stumbled unnervingly trying to start up until it finally caught, and then rough idled for about 30 seconds, until it started sounding normal.

It actually scared me until I realized I had turned the Pedal Commander back on and simply turned it back off.

With the Pedal Commander off it starts smooth just like it had been doing.

Maybe it doesn't play well with TheFastMans throttle body modifications, I just don't know but between the 2 I'll keep the throttle body and loose the Pedal Commander.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As they repeat throughout the original "Star Wars" series as a continuing theme: "I don't have a good feeling about this."

·
Premium Member
16,701 Posts
I've had mine for 2-3 months on a stock 5.7 and have really enjoyed it with no ill effects so far. Instant throttle response.
My only question is whether or not to pull fuse #2 to reset the PCM which I used to do periodically in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
As they repeat throughout the original "Star Wars" series as a continuing theme: "I don't have a good feeling about this."
That is so true!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I've had mine for 2-3 months on a stock 5.7 and have really enjoyed it with no ill effects so far. Instant throttle response.
My only question is whether or not to pull fuse #2 to reset the PCM which I used to do periodically in the past.
If you are running a tune no need to pull the fuse, usually the tune disables that learning feature anyway.
At least on mine it has.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts