Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching google and cant really find a answer. I have some new G05 leftover from my 02 4.7 Ram. Is this compatable with my 2013 5.7?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
Do some google searching...but it looks like HOAT works in both......

Reactions: RonB

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your owner's manual. My 2010 lists HOAT or equivalent only.
For whatever reason seems like all the used cars I buy the owners manual is gone.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been meaning to get one from ebay. As many Challengers are out their I thought I would have got a yes or no really quick.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Been meaning to get one from ebay. As many Challengers are out their I thought I would have got a yes or no really quick.
My advice would be to just get some anti-freeze from the dealer parts counter that is specific for your car. Drain the old coolant. Because what is in the engine and what you will be putting in the engine may be different and possibly incompatible flush the cooling system with at least clean tap water filling the cooling system and running the engine long enough to get the water hot enough to open the T-stat and circulate the water throughout the system.

Afterwards, drain.

Then refill with whatever anti-freeze you got at the parts counter along with distilled water. Used to be less than a buck a gallon at the store.

Because you flushed the cooling system there is no concern about using something you have laying around with what was already in the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts