Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to pin point where I'm losing all my horsepower from... I have a manual transmission and there is no torque at all. When I give it gas to increase speed, the RPM's increase but there is no momentum and no torque. It really lags taking off with no horsepower at all. Seems it's at limp mode.
I stomp on the gas pedal and can literally count 10 Mississippi's before the car starts catching up on it's speed.

Symptoms:
- It seems to me that my exhaust has gotten louder than usual but there are no exhaust leaks.
- Loss of torque
- Lags in all RPM ranges and speeds
- Cel P113E and P113D (o2 sensor slow response high frequency)

Fixes:
- Installed new O2 Sensors (all four upstream and downstream )
- installed new McLeod RXT clutch
- replaced Kooks Highflow midpipes
- conducted fuel injection cleaning
- inspected air fuel ration (14.3 - 14.9 @ idle)
- tested for exhaust back pressure at 3k RPM's with 1psi back pressure

Required maintenance items:
- brake fluid flush
- possible spark plug replacement

Any ideas for the power loss on the 5.7 Hemi?

·
Old School Look!
3,391 Posts
I see you have put a clutch in. Is it installed correctly? From what you have written here sounds like transmission or clutch. What year is your car and how many miles on the clock?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello DJ2010RT,

the clutch was installed yesterday. i had it installed by auto performance shop. the clutch is grabbing great but it doesnt seem to be the issue with my vehicle. i recently ended up getting the cel p113d and p113e and changed out my o2 sensors and was not the problem..

i have 2014 challenger RT manual transmission and just hit the 50k

i looked up the cel codes online and state that its probably the map sensor or the inlet air temp sensor. whats really mind boggling is that i have replacement sensor that i have swapped but didnt seem to fix anything.

im wondering if the culprit might be the intake/exhaust valves?

·
Old School Look!
3,391 Posts
hello DJ2010RT,

the clutch was installed yesterday. i had it installed by auto performance shop. the clutch is grabbing great but it doesnt seem to be the issue with my vehicle. i recently ended up getting the cel p113d and p113e and changed out my o2 sensors and was not the problem..

i have 2014 challenger RT manual transmission and just hit the 50k

i looked up the cel codes online and state that its probably the map sensor or the inlet air temp sensor. whats really mind boggling is that i have replacement sensor that i have swapped but didnt seem to fix anything.

im wondering if the culprit might be the intake/exhaust valves?
Ok, you have had a lot done. If you don't think it is trans or clutch, I would say you need to get it to a tech that can check to see if any of the computers had any codes. That would be my next step. If it is internal the computer would show some type of code to point you in the direction of the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dj2010rt,

it does have codes: p113e and p113d ( O2 SENSOR 2/1 SLOW RESPONSE (HIGH FREQUENCy). from what i read online... usually the problem with this is map sensor or inlet air temperature sensor.

jklotz10,
i have the k&n filter and havnt cleaned it in a couple of months. although i havent done anything to the air filter at all.

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
I was just curious if you changed to a cold air intake system (aftermarket). If the tube diameter was smaller on the new one it would create an air restriction. If you didn't change the intake tube to the filter box and haven't messed with the IAT sensor I don't see how the IAT sensor could go bad...........
Hmmmmmmm
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting.... i will clean the air intake, ensure all clamps are tight, and ensure the inlet air temp sensor is clean and connected. worst case scenario replacing iat sensor with new one. ill keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, Bad Grandpa,

The vehicle was running very poor before and after the Clutch installation.
after the installation I noticed the clutch was grabbing a lot better than before.
Although the vehicle seems to be in limp mode... I'm still missing that HEMI torque even with the new McLeod RXT dual clutch I'm not getting that torque that I had.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

1. Cleaned the K&N air filter and cleaned the air charge sensor with electronic sensor cleaner.
2. Installed a new MAP sensor.
3. Cleared the codes (P113E and P113D) 02 Sensors slow response high frequency.

Results:
No change...
I ended up getting the codes back again... P113E and P113D

I will buy a new air charge sensor from the dealership to rule out dirty sensors...
I'll post the results after I install the air charge sensor.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,155 Posts
Did you replace the o2 sensors with Mopar or did you use aftermarket?

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: FIXED!

I back tracked a log that I created to jot down all my upgrades that I install in my vehicle and realized that I had installed the Fastman Throttle body about a month ago. I used one of my previous Diablosport tunes that I had in my files which worked great! Although within time it only gave me problems I couldn't figure out..

I contacted Mike Ost in regard my issue and received and updated tune to fix the P113E and P113D. Once tune installed to the vehicle I took it for a run and the horsepower was magically unleashed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts