Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Mopar CAI for my SXT 3.6. From what I am reading the removable of the IAT sensor can be difficult. Just wondering for those who have done this if there are any suggestions to make the removable easier.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
I just put a little water on it and twisted. Do not use wd40 or the like as it can foul the sensor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Easiest to do with the intake tube on a table, I think. I pulled on the sensor to get it somewhat out of the grommet, then put a couple drops of dish detergent into the area where it sits in the grommet. Next, lifted one side up with a flat blade screwdriver, and pulled up on the other side and it popped right out.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Hold it firmly but don't yank on it too much or it'll break off. I know that sounds really bad haha! But that's how I got my IAT sensor out without breaking it.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Easiest to do with the intake tube on a table, I think. I pulled on the sensor to get it somewhat out of the grommet, then put a couple drops of dish detergent into the area where it sits in the grommet. Next, lifted one side up with a flat blade screwdriver, and pulled up on the other side and it popped right out.
Good advice, thats how i did it to :smileup:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Leave it in. Buy a spare from the Parts dept and install it in the new tube. They are only $10 bucks.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Only $10? Then this is the best way to do it. I thought they would cost a lot more. I will buy me a spare the next time i visit the US.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mostly I just held on tight, winced, and twisted till it came out. Then said something along the lines of holy crap I actually didn't break it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts