Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The User Guide that came with the car says, For Automatic 5 spd. Transmission's ONLY !! Don't 6spd. manual Trans. get this optional gift??:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Not entirely sure about the Track button, but Sport mode is definitely for the Auto's as it changes the shift points to give the driver more power between shifts for a "sportier" feel.

For the 6 speeds you can shift when you want!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not entirely sure about the Track button, but Sport mode is definitely for the Auto's as it changes the shift points to give the driver more power between shifts for a "sportier" feel.

For the 6 speeds you can shift when you want!
HI,ninjadave; Thanks for replying to the thead ! ; But your manual must be out dated. The new 2014 manual has a Sport & Track Mode section . Press button once for Sport Mode & Press 2x for Track Mode . Is this option something new on the SRT models?? ; MY Shaker has this as standard Equipment. I didn't Order this option , It came with the car . Did not try it out YET!! DOUG

·
Registered
243 Posts
So, my 2014 SRT8, 6-speed manual has a "Sport" mode button. According to my manual it works with the magnetic ride suspension to stiffen the rebound, providing a firmer ride.

I believe the "Sport" mode in the automatic have the same effect on the suspension, and changes the shift points while still shifting automatically, whereas the "Track" mode will make it so you can bounce off the rev limiter without the tranny shifting automatically.

I don't know if any of this applies if you don't have the magnetic suspension, so the changes would only apply to how the automatic behaves.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Previously, Track Mode was only applicable to SRT models....don't know if they've changed that on newer year cars. The suspension on R/Ts isn't adjustable like the SRTs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sport/Track Mode Button !!!

Previously, Track Mode was only applicable to SRT models....don't know if they've changed that on newer year cars. The suspension on R/Ts isn't adjustable like the SRTs.
I looked at my window sticker's std. equip. and to my surprize most SRT options are std. on the Shaker Pkg. TRACK TUNED SUSPENSION,SPORT MODE SUSPENSION , ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL and alot more options std. !!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I looked at a SRT8 392 yesterday that didn't have this button at all. Only button was a hazard light button and maybe a traction control off button...just like my SXT. Car was an automatic. What's up with that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sport/Track Mode Button!!!

I looked at a SRT8 392 yesterday that didn't have this button at all. Only button was a hazard light button and maybe a traction control off button...just like my SXT. Car was an automatic. What's up with that?
I believe for Dodge's 100th. anv. ,They wanted to build a trophy car and called it the SHAKER !! DODGE Put every option of the SRT's ( except the gas guzzling TAXED engine )in the SHAKER Pkg. , the whole interior is SRT; the whole suspension set-up is SRT; And I am not sure, But If you tore this SHAKER apart you might find or you would find a WOLF In Sheep's Clothing !!! Dodge never advertized the shaker pkg. , The dealers don't know anything about the shaker either!! I See This car as a diamound in the rough ; Future Overlooked Specialty Production Car ; The Best BANG for your B U C K 'S !! DOUG :smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts