Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some cross drilled brake rotors on summit for cheap ($60 each for the fronts) and was wondering if anyone has tried them and if they are any good?

I read some positive reviews on the site, but wanted to some real world experience from fellow Challenger owners.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
187 Posts
they just look nice. probably not as good as what you have on their now. If you really want an upgrade the Hurst race rotors might be an option if you track the car. They are pricey , but can be turned unlike all these others so they will last and over time the savings might pay for themselves. Plus they are lighter so you will be getting some weight savings as well. They were made specifically for some SCCA type race teams under their research division

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they just look nice. probably not as good as what you have on their now. If you really want an upgrade the Hurst race rotors might be an option if you track the car. They are pricey , but can be turned unlike all these others so they will last and over time the savings might pay for themselves. Plus they are lighter so you will be getting some weight savings as well. They were made specifically for some SCCA type race teams under their research division
The stock ones shake the wheel when braking at speeds over 80. I thought the "Track Pack" option had slotted rotors but I do not have them on mine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
then they are likely warped or getting there.. Doesn't take much. Cheapo rotors are china made and pretty thin..will do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll save up a little more for the EBC slotted rotors and Red Stuff pads.

Reactions: oilslick
1 - 5 of 5 Posts