Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Are body panels really that different?

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Spixy 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive wheel system
This is my 2014 RT Classic. You guys in the parts forum have been helpful on this tread there, thank you.
But my Panelbeater reckons we can't just line up any 11-14 sxt-srt panel because yes they will fit, but the body panels are different between them. I said can we put, say a srt front clip on? He said no the electronics would be a nightmare. So he is only looking for 2014 RT.
Is this true, we are overseas (NZ), so I can imagine if the wrong section turns up it will be annoying, I suppose I can understand not wanting to mess with different bodies electronics but are body panels really that different???

(We looking for a full "front clip". Basically the whole front end. Because we need the whole steering rack and the lhs front suspension, and we want all the parts. And that we might have to buy the rear bumber, rear quartet panel and left door all brand new etc) no airbag,no injuries.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks 69SS, I thought as much too. But wasn't 100% sure. It was just really bugging! me, that this panelbeater with access to his computer database was telling me one thing but being in this forum for a year believed another thing. Cheers

#8 ·
I would suggest (if all else fails) going to one of the various vendors that sell Mopar parts, look up the parts you want and check the part numbers, same number and they should fit. Here's an example from a Mopar dealer (I picked randomly off the net) by going to their fender section then clicking on left fender, go down to the bottom of the page and click on fitment for more detail. http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/DODGE__CHALLENGER/FENDER-Left-Front/10706998/68174999AB.html

Here's a link to their main page: http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/s/DODGE__CHALLENGER/Body.html

You should be able to cross reference the part numbers as to what fits what. If you click on the 2014 5.7 link it gives you a list of part numbers such as 64816165AF then if you go to a 2014 3.6 it gives you a list of part numbers also including 6481615AF so my opinion would be they are the same and you could use either.

Anyway it will take a bit of effort but you should be able to hunt down the part numbers and cross reference everything.

#10 ·
Hope to see it fixed and back on the track soon.. now go and upgrade those brakes mate....

#11 ·
Yes that's why I asked my panelbeater if we could just put a srt front clip, (we call it a front nose in NZ) on, wanting for srt suspension, sway, calipers etcand paneling of course. thought that would be fairly straightforward but, living here on a little island seems, things which you guys do all the time in the states, are a bit much for our mechanics. :(

#14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet camaro Motor vehicle
Haha yes Mad Max is king, we are all driving around in old cars searching for petroleum in the desert down here.
But as for supercharged power there would be at least 40 Hellcats on our shores now selling/sold for ~$150k Nz.
We do have a huge muscle car and Classic car culture down here, also large JDM market. Which is mostly what you see on the track. We were going monthly for "track days only". Where a lot of Porsche, Audi, lotus, wrx, Honda x a million, bmw, Holden etc
We have a mate in a ZL1, and another RT, so yeah pretty cool times.
And this car Camaro is winning our GT3 series

We are just track day heroes, but after 6 track days, most with instructors, including the crash, we are pushing the RT hard. Only had 660 brake oil, race/road pads and air venting onto the rotors.
We were having a blast, and yes need to upgrade brake calipers if we want to continue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.