Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Are the 2015 Challenger colors out yet?

992 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MoparOhio 
#1 ·
I know last year the 2014 Challenger colors came out in Jan/Feb time-frame and was wondering if anybody has seen the expected 2015 Challenger colors yet?

#2 · (Edited)
From a Dodge source Finalized list in June, some colors *might* be announced before then.

. it is the same body... freshed rear end, front end, new interior and the floorpan has been modified for the 8 speed trans. It is the same exact car... now... the 2017/2018 will move to a different platform... all bets are off for what that may or may not be.

#6 ·
How about NOT having an 8 speed transmission. What a joke. Might as well go to the wonderful CVT.
I think the 8-speed will be the savior for those who like automatics. The current 5-speed is the joke. It's got taller gears 1-3 than any other car in it's class so performance is weak getting up to speed, but then it's got this ridiculous .83 overdrive which is barely an overdrive at all so if you try to compensate for the crappy 1-3 gears with deeper axle gears, then you end up running screaming RPMs on the interstate.

The 5-speed has to go and thankfully it is!

#8 ·
Sorry, I hate the 6 and more speed ATs. Too many shifts. Give me a proper ratio 4 or 5 speed any day where each gear has a reasonable range of RPM. With high torque motors that is easy to do. Low torque high rev machines need lots of gears, grunting V8s don't.
Well... I guess you are going to have to keep your current vehicles forever then because every manufacture is going to 8-9 speed transmissions now. Hardly anyone even has 5 speeds as most are at 6 speeds looking to 8 or 9 in the next gen of their product cycle. An easy way to improve MPGs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.