Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I was on a quick road trip to do some errands. I finished the errands, and decided to take an early lunch break about 11:00 a.m., before heading home (about 60 miles).
I turned into one of the fast food joints, drove through the parking lot looking for a good spot, and went clear around the back, by the drive thru. Finally got a nice corner spot in front and safe from other cars.
I went in to place my order and a nice young girl waited on me. The first thing she said was "Is that your beautiful car out there?" I said yes, and she said she wished she could have a car like that. She said she was in college (this is a small college town), just working and going to school. She hoped that when she got out of school she could get a good job and afford a nice car.
Many things have crossed my mind since that conversation.
1. Wow, she noticed the Challenger from inside the restaurant.
2. How many girls like the muscle cars!
3. Made me remember graduating from the same college she is attending. That was MANY years ago. I also had many part time jobs in college, one working in a local bowling alley for $1.00 an hour!
4. Finally how very, very lucky I am to get to drive this amazing car and enjoy it everyday. It has been said before on the forum how many people just drive their cars for transportation and don't get the fun out of just driving it!!!
Well, do ya feel lucky?

Reactions: 70barcuda

·
Registered
249 Posts
Believe it or not,It was my wife who bugged me to trade in the 6 banger challenger and get a R/T..She grewup with these cars as her friends were always working on them in their backyards..Her boyfriend had a roadrunner at the time..Yes I feel lucky,Lucky to have 2 girls that both love me..I love the Challenger too!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Yep I'd say a lot of us have been lucky to get a change to own a new Challenger that actually handles, has brakes that really work and is great fun to drive. It wasn't that many years ago that I wouldn't have believed there was a chance that Chrysler would make rear drive V8 muscle cars again, much less a Challenger version.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well, do ya feel lucky?
Every day Betty! And it's no surprise she noticed your car from inside the restaurant, Jazz Blue Baby sure is a head turner! You should have put her in the passenger seat and burned out a couple donuts in the parking lot, might have sealed the deal on her joining the Challenger ranks! :D

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Lucky, and FORTUNATE!!!!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Wow Betty! From the title of your thread, I was almost expecting some story where you went all Dirty Harry on someone who did something to your Challenger :SHOCKED:

In answer to your question, every time I drive my Challenger it feels like I'm driving it off the dealer's lot for the first time. I hope I never get over that feeling.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Betty! From the title of your thread, I was almost expecting some story where you went all Dirty Harry on someone who did something to your Challenger :SHOCKED:

In answer to your question, every time I drive my Challenger it feels like I'm driving it off the dealer's lot for the first time. I hope I never get over that feeling.
Ha! That was definitely what I was thinking of when I put that last line in. I left off "punk", thanks for the amusement as usual John!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Ha! That was definitely what I was thinking of when I put that last line in. I left off "punk", thanks for the amusement as usual John!!
I know what you mean! Every so often I catch my Challenger checking out it's reflection on a glass building and asking (to no one in particular) "You revving at me? You revving at me? You revving at me? Then who the Hell(cat) else are you revving at? You revving at me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the Ford do you think you're revving at?" :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I know what you mean! Every so often I catch my Challenger checking out it's reflection on a glass building and asking (to no one in particular) "You revving at me? You revving at me? You revving at me? Then who the Hell(cat) else are you revving at? You revving at me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the Ford do you think you're revving at?" :D
Hahahahaha! :repplus:

:hah:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
All the time. We are very fortunate to be owners of one of the coolest cars on the road.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I do feel very lucky Betty! Every time I get a thumbs up, a smile, a salute or a note stuck on my windshield....I absolutely feel very lucky! Great story!!

·
Business
21,330 Posts
Every morning I wake up and think darn another work day. Then I think well at least I get to drive my Challenger to work!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,762 Posts
Every morning I wake up and think darn another work day. Then I think well at least I get to drive my Challenger to work!
There you go, same thing when it is time to go home even after a not so good day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
yes MOMMABETTY i am very blessed to be able to drive a challenger r/t and a charger r/t,best of both worlds!!!!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
I feel extremely fortunate every day! I grew up with so little and through hard work and some luck, over the years I've built a beautiful family, had some great adventures and have collected some pretty nice things as well.

so yes....VERY LUCKY!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Yep feeling very lucky... While in the middle of selling and buying a new house last year, so the kids could be in a better school district, someone totaled my T/A while it was parked in front of the old house during a showing.

4 months later we'd sold the old house bought the new house and brought Rosie home to replace my previous toy. So while it was stressful I do feel very lucky.

Take it easy
Jay

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
X2!! Jay, that Rosie is gorgeous!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Thanks folks. I'm excited to take her into work tomorrow to see how the louvers hold up on the highway. I'd held off driving her today since I wanted to let the tape bond longer.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts