Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have not been on for a while, like my car, i guess I've been put hibernating for the winter :4-dontknow:

I am thinking of finally getting a catch can. I have waited for this last mod, but after reading and seeing videos of all the oil that is pulled out of the intake, it amazes me the manufacturers do not address that.

I really like the looks of the Arrington...

I heard that you need to alter your engine cover to get the can to fit, but also read that they were working on an alter free workaround.

Does anyone have one of the Arringtons? Did you have to cut your engine cover?

.Fits:

NOTE: Installation in the standard mounting position on 5.7 HEMI equipped Vehicles will require modification or removal of the engine cover or custom mounting location. A mounting solution for direct fitment of these applications is coming soon!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I dont have an Arrington catch can so I cant comment on that. I do have a BT catch can and it fits just fine in the standard mount location and the engine cover fits without any issue

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I don't have an Arrington, but I did attempt to mount my AAD Air/Oil Separator Catch Can from SpeedLogix 2 weeks ago only to discover that I need to replace the stock airbox tube (the one that connects the air filter to the throttle body) because an ugly, boxy silencer feeds off the air tube and is mounted to a bracket on the same mountpoint that you would install the catch can. You can get around this by using a fender mount, or by replacing the OEM tube with one from a Charger or SRT8, or replacing the whole thing with a CAI.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a BT catch can as well. It is a really good piece. Two suggestions with it. It is not quite as accessible as they try and make it seem in the video. Not saying it is extremely hard to get at but there isn't a ton of room. (Standard location.) As the install video suggests DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the catch can. With the limited room if you really ratchet that thing on there you will have a heck of a time loosening it again.

I can't speak for the Arrington but would be interested to see if there are any differences in design.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the arrington oil and air separator.

Pros:
* easy to install
* high quality product
* superb filtration system.

Cons:
* engine cover must be removed unless modified.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the arrington oil and air separator.

Pros:
* easy to install
* high quality product
* superb filtration system.

Cons:
* engine cover must be removed unless modified.
Thanks, i was hoping to not modify or remove my cover...did you install your cc recently? Their site indicates they are working on a mod free version, i was hoping its just a different bracket that would allow me to keep my cover.

Thanks.. I might go with the billet if the arrington still requires removal or cutting of my cover

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just installed it about a week ago. I enjoyed the installation it was a perfect fit and easy to install.
The bracket pushes the catch can out Far enough where you can't install the engine cover. I was hoping the engine cover would fit Back in place but no luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts