Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Atco to Close

5K views 48 replies 11 participants last post by  dodge boy 
#1 ·
Somebody is going to buy Atco and turn it into a car storage and auction site. It is in the Pinelands in Jersey which restricts the size lots you can build on so it wouldn’t be profitable to subdivide for houses.

#17 ·
what? seriously! damn! I loved Englishtown. I think that they still had the scars from the passenger side of my trans am on the wall. wow, I did not know that. I guess its true what they say, you can never go back home

#21 ·
Hey-
ohh that was you? Hehe. I feel ya’....In the 80’s this was where a lot of NY’ers came to drag race.

#25 ·
Very sad to loose what might very well be the fastest track in the country, certainly it ranks right up there as one of the best places to get a fast time slip. I never made it to Atco, I have gone to Englishtown a few times back in the early 90's and was sad to see it go and now NJ looses Atco. That just leaves Island as the lone NJ drag strip and heck they were trying to shut that place down just a few years back.

#26 ·
I've been to Island (the "cabbage patch") a few times. I'm not a fan. There a lot of low life there IMO. I'd never walk away from my car or leave anything like wheels, tires or tools in the pit area. Many racers had stuff like that disappear when they got back from the track.
Dodge Boy is very familiar with that track. Maybe he'll fill us in more.

:unsure:

Reactions: MommaBetty
#49 ·
I've been to Island (the "cabbage patch") a few times. I'm not a fan. There a lot of low life there IMO. I'd never walk away from my car or leave anything like wheels, tires or tools in the pit area. Many racers had stuff like that disappear when they got back from the track.
Dodge Boy is very familiar with that track. Maybe he'll fill us in more.

:unsure:
I've just read through this thread after all of this time and All I can say is wow, Atco was definitely a nice track and I was seriously thinking of Dusting off my Drag radials and making a trip down there next month for that killer D.A. Anyway, as Oily said it's back to the cabbage patch and all of the low life over there if I want to race again.
The last few times I was there it wasn't the greatest of times due to the overcrowding and type of people the track draws, your lucky to get 3 to 4 passes in on Test & Tune days, if that's your thing Beaver Springs is definitely worth the trip, Island will probably will be worse now that Atco is closed.

#42 ·
I think the more important discussion here is that it's called pork roll and not taylor ham. Or at least that way we can determine what part of Jersey you are from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.