1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Yes you have to have it, you can not spin the supercharger fast enough with out it. i would not put a magnacharger on a 7 litre engine but if you want any boost at all you will need the OD balancer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you have to have it, you can not spin the supercharger fast enough with out it. i would not put a magnacharger on a 7 litre engine but if you want any boost at all you will need the OD balancer.
Ya williamsRT i think i screwed up on getting a magnacharger but i was informed that i can get up to 650RWHP with it as the shop has seen it. I most likely should of gone with pro charger or ken bell but at that time for the 2013 challengers, some parts were not available on the pro charger kit, and i didnt want to wait another month to get it in.

Most likely i should sell my supercharger but not sure if i wanna go through all that .

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
You can still get the 650 hp out of the magnacharger with out all the expense of a 7.0. A forged 5.7 or stroke the 5.7 to a 6.0 will do it and save money.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
fully forge my 5.7 will cost me around 6k with labor, and stroke it to 6.0 , add another 1 or 2k to 8k total ?

Getting a good deal 7k , fully forged 7.0 liter, compression ratio 10.5 , 1000 miles on it.

Are the cost about right on the fully forge 5.7 , parts and labor ?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
are you talking installed because my forged 5.7 was 3500.00 and to stroke it to a 6.0 was 500.00 more..

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5.7 forged from arrington below and that is not with the other options .

http://www.shophemi.com/p-2114-57-hemi-based-custom-short-block.aspx

Base Price: $4,099.99

Yes i meant labor and installing because doesn't the shop will need to take out my motor and replace pistons, rods, crank, etc.
I would forge my current engine but i would think there is major labor involved

Right ?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
No a shop like Arrington will just keep your old short block and install one of theirs. That price is their list price, they have sales quite often. Actually they have a 25% off sale now on parts installed by them. Large strokers just do not live long, the wear and tear adds up faster. Just for kicks give Don at Arrington a call, you might be surprised how cheap you can do a nice. 5.7 or. 6.0. You only need a. 6.4 cam with new valve springs and forged push rods.

Reactions: dodge boy

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No a shop like Arrington will just keep your old short block and install one of theirs. That price is their list price, they have sales quite often. Actually they have a 25% off sale now on parts installed by them. Large strokers just do not live long, the wear and tear adds up faster. Just for kicks give Don at Arrington a call, you might be surprised how cheap you can do a nice. 5.7 or. 6.0. You only need a. 6.4 cam with new valve springs and forged push rods.
I wouldn't be able to take my car to Arrington so i hope they have a good deal on just delivering a forged 6.0 for about 3,500 or 4,000 .

6.4 heads not needed if i went with a 5.7 or 6.0 forged engine ?

Even with forged parts in a 6.4 block, they will wear and tear faster? HOw much miles you think i can get out of a 7.0 forged engine ?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
No your stock eagle heads with good springs and forged push rods will flow fine. Mine with a 6.4 cam made 590 hp and 675 TQ on the first tune. 426 engines don't have a good history of survival, actual miles I can't tell you. But if you are getting it installed, bought, straight up no core out the door that is cheap enough. Arrington has a Ny location too now if that makes a difference ?
I was out the door for 9k installed on mine and that included a new clutch and several other items.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No your stock eagle heads with good springs and forged push rods will flow fine. Mine with a 6.4 cam made 590 hp and 675 TQ on the first tune. 426 engines don't have a good history of survival, actual miles I can't tell you. But if you are getting it installed, bought, straight up no core out the door that is cheap enough. Arrington has a Ny location too now if that makes a difference ?
I was out the door for 9k installed on mine and that included a new clutch and several other items.
Williams RT, ya that 426 stroker long block is 7k out the door with install , labor and parts. It would be a hemi swap, i would get Apache heads, and diamond racing pistons.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
That's cheap enough, but why is the guy getting rid of it?

·
12,990 Posts
Good advice Phil !!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Williams RT or any forum user,

I just might go your route 5.7 forged or stroked to 6.1 because its cheaper. few questions ...

- I bought the % 17 OD super damper, is that ok on a 5.7 forged with magna charger 12 lb boost ?

- I also bought 72lb qty. 8 fuel injectors , will that be good on my 5.7 or 6.1 stroked forged engine ?

- Is it ok if i use 12lb boost ?

- What is the highest stroke i can go on a forged 5.7 ? Can i make it 6.1 or higher ?

- With 5.7 or 6.1 forged , what is the highest you can go on RWHP vs 7.0 ?

- When i buy the forged pistons, forged crank, rods, what else would i need for more HP ? Just 6.4 CAM ? 6.4 CAM would work on a 5.7 engine ?

- Can i use a 6.4 crank on a 5.7 engine ?

Thank You

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
You can stroke it to 6.0, that crank is 500.00 more.
17% od is standard and what I used.
72# injectors are fine, I used 80 but ask your tuner what he prefers?
6.4 cam worked fine on mine but there are other options out there now, but IDK if they are worth it for the cost ?
As far as hp? Mine made 575 on 12# of boost, but could have done much better with tune revisions. A buddy of mine speedy is making around 650 with his 6.0 stroker right now.
You can stroke your 5.7 to a 392 if you desire.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can stroke it to 6.0, that crank is 500.00 more.
17% od is standard and what I used.
72# injectors are fine, I used 80 but ask your tuner what he prefers?
6.4 cam worked fine on mine but there are other options out there now, but IDK if they are worth it for the cost ?
As far as hp? Mine made 575 on 12# of boost, but could have done much better with tune revisions. A buddy of mine speedy is making around 650 with his 6.0 stroker right now.
You can stroke your 5.7 to a 392 if you desire.
Thanks Williams RT. When you mention stroke to 392, is that the highest stroke i can go with my 5.7 forged ?

How about the heads ? Leave as is ?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I think you can go to low 400s but like I said large strokers are harder on engines. Mike with OST dyno just made 650 rwhp with a 5.7, 274 comp cam and a kenne bell supercharger.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I think you can go to low 400s but like I said large strokers are harder on engines. Mike with OST dyno just made 650 rwhp with a 5.7, 274 comp cam and a kenne bell supercharger.
Phil - the forged 5.7 / 274 CC / KB is a combo I am evaluating right now (its on my short list of engine build options). Can you connect me with Mike so I can get insight into what he likes/doesnt like about that combo? PM me if you will - thanks!

Andres

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Phil - the forged 5.7 / 274 CC / KB is a combo I am evaluating right now (its on my short list of engine build options). Can you connect me with Mike so I can get insight into what he likes/doesnt like about that combo? PM me if you will - thanks!

Andres
Here is the post mike made on it, I will pm you his number.
Keep in mind he made 650 whp with those mods and 18 # of boost. I made 590 whp with 14#, stock heads, 6.4 cam and no tune revision. For me it is keeping the cost low per hp made.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...f&notif_t=share_reply&actorid=240433246083320

1 - 20 of 28 Posts