Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Challenger ForumZ is Proud to Present our Member of the Month for August 2019.

screaminduce1550

C16B67F4-915A-45E8-A8D0-8478BE8A92D0.jpeg.jpg

MOTM....WoW.....Deserving maybe / if it said passionate/ obsessed, I’d Have to agree..
1st and foremost thank you very much to whom voted for me.

I find myself logging on every chance I get to see what you awesome people are up to. It’s kinda exciting..my exact words holy shit, no way. The funny part I’m not social media person at all. This is the only social media per say that I affiliate with. I do not have any face book or instagram nothing like that.

When I had my Magnum R/T I did look at other forums. I checked out the interaction between the people and Decided not go any further. Then came my Challenger R/T & my T/A 392 and I started googling exhausts for the 5.7 and I found this forum. Yea I did troll this site for a bit, but watching the interaction on this forum is honestly the most respectful, informative, kind and entertaining people, I think I ever had a blast with.

The ladies are sassy, kind and intelligent..ohh and drive Fan-F-in-tastic cars. The gentlemen are respectful, gracious, & intellectual about pretty much all topics. This site is run amazingly any tech issues they’re fixed as -soon as possible. So Yea, I’m glad I joined. You get to know everyone from all over the US and abroad through the written word and man words can be-powerful.

Hello all..I’m Michele (one L)..Named after my grandfather. So I guess I’ll Start there..I’m a native New Yorker..Live in Jersey for about 25 yrs.

Raised by my grandparents/ Father, 3 uncles. So if I seem a little ruff around the edges some of the time...yea being raised by all men can do that. My softer side definitely from my grandmother. All immigrants-wait- Legal immigrants from Italy. My Grandfather was a Diesel mechanic, for the MTA. My uncles owned a garage -were some of the best car mechanics in the neighborhood...One gas pump...my father was a truck driver / musician.

My passions for cars, motorcycles and trucks happened at a very young age. At about 9, I would go to the garage every weekend..pumped gas..but I would always fine my way to the guys working on the cars. Needless to say, they use to sit me by the motor..and teach me about the engines. Believe it or not still to this day, all the men in my life try and tell me there’s more to car than just the engine...hmmm....they all drove Cadillac’s....but they all had their 66 Impalas...67 GTO....my favorite 70 hemi orange 340 T/A...4 speed..that’s the car I learned how to drive in.

Hence my passion of cars, and why I have the T/A. Fast forward I met my late husband on the track..he in his challenger and me in my Camaro Z-28...but after the race we talked and he asked me out. A yr. in he asked me to marry him. I was starting college and declined. Hell I was 18 he was 23.

I graduated John Jay college and a year after I did marry him...for his car and his astute knowledge of cars. Hehe.

We had a kid my oldest boy. He got sick and passed after our sons 2 birthday. Yea really sucked. A lot of my passions were distant memories for a long time. I didn’t want any of the cars we had...sold his Challenger, my Camaro and the 1970 Chevelle SS. Regrets then no..now...oh my GOD yes..fast forward again..met my husband now/not a car guy..but really great guy.

All that out of the way...in 2008 my friend asked if I wanted to make extra cash...he worked for the Chrysler dealer in our area and on Sunday’s they had to go to the other lot and drive the cars back to the dealership. Well, well, well, what’s before me....a 2008 hemi orange SRT8. M6. That was it. I said I want this one. They asked if I could handle it..fair enough. Give me the keys. Get in..checking everything out... WOW...Mr. man that asked me if I can handle it got in the passenger side..I said put your seat belt on...muhaaaaa...I drove it like I stole it all the while he had his hands on the dash and saying that the owner wouldn’t like this.

So now 3 kids in college that came first...all graduated.

NOW IT’S MY TIME. I had to wait a bit but well worth it I’m friggin’ lovin this 6.4.....
Thank you all so much- this is a rockin’ Group of people...... and see you in Sept....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats Michele on becoming our newest MOTM! I really enjoyed your story!!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,625 Posts
Congrats on MOTM. That is quite a BIO , a very interesting one. You have become very active quickly, keep it up.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Congratulations, You deserve it! :) Ry

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome to the MOTM club !! Great intro, enjoyed reading it, Have fun with that Challenger !!
30c9b692a9ec18884321864467513491--congratulations-card-smiley-faces.jpg

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,841 Posts
Congratulations Michele!!! See you at the CruiZe!

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Congrats Michele on becoming our newest MOTM! I really enjoyed your story!!!
Thank you Carl, and thank you for taking care of the in’s and out’s of this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Congrats on MOTM. That is quite a BIO , a very interesting one. You have become very active quickly, keep it up.
Thank you Corbin...

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Great read Michele....Congrats on your MOTM win!

I gotta ask - what part of New York?
Thank you Theresa. We started in Manhattan- Chelsea area. Then Staten Island.
Also want to say thank you especially to you, Betty, @MommaBetty , Susie- @MOPARMOM , and Vicky, @VIXFIX While I was trolling I read everything you ladies had to say..my major point of joining.
And of course many of the guys...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts