Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for some reason lately, while in autostick mode the trans will shift 1st to 2nd on it's own at low rpm as if i was in Drive. Just noticed it over the last week or so.

Also in autostick the downshift from 3rd to 2nd is a very hard clunk. Shifts smoothly in drive when it downshifts though.

Should I be worried?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Maybe...Do you have a tuner?
Have you pulled fuse #2 lately?
Is the transmission due for service?
How many miles on it?

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, M6
804 Posts
On question 1 I thought that has happened to me but can't be sure. If so, it happened only once. But yesterday the paddle shifter would not shift up. I had to go back to D then back to auto stick for it to start working again.

On question 2, yes, if you manually downshift from 3 to 2 in auto stick it is harsh but if you let the tranny do it it is much smoother.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe...Do you have a tuner?
Have you pulled fuse #2 lately?
Is the transmission due for service?
How many miles on it?
1) yes on tuner
2) not pulled the fuse but used the Tuner to reset it the last time a tune was loaded, about a month ago
3) to be honest, not sure
4) 40k

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
may be related to my Diablo InTune. Shifting weird today, says no 5th gear...shifts straight from 4th to D in autostick and then from take off said it was in 3rd gear. Tried to restore to factory settings and then the Diablo tells me that vehicle is not supported and there is no backup tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.