Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My core did not come with fog lights, or I purchased a set of fog lights that came with the headlight switch that also has the auto position.
After installing the fog lights and switch, I took it to the dealer to have the fog lights activated.
The issue is, when the switch is in the auto position the lights are always on. They are not turning off at all. At first I thought it was due to the 5% tint, but I tried positioning the car where the sensor on the dash was I direct sunlight and the windows down. The lights still will not turn off while the switch is in auto.

Is this something that the dealer should have activated also?

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I think that's how it's going to work, I don't think our cars (I also have a Core) have the sensor that will allow the auto light setting to work. So basically when you turn it to the auto setting it will just operate like an on off switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does have the sensor in it, and i verified that it is the actual sensor and is plugged in. I have also gone into the extended menu and tried adjusting it, but no luck so far.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Mine does have the sensor in it, and i verified that it is the actual sensor and is plugged in. I have also gone into the extended menu and tried adjusting it, but no luck so far.
Well if that's the case I think you are going to have to go to a dealer and have it activated. Let us know if you get it to work, I've thought that at some point I'll probably do the fog light mod also. I just haven't gotten around to investigating it too much yet.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the sensor out and took it apart. It is the actual sensor, when I had the fog lights activated I assumed that it would activate the automatic lights also. I will get it back in to the dealer and post updates when I get them. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts