Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of Axles half shafts should i purchase from Arrington ? Planning on hitting 600-700 RWHP. Spoke to Wyatt from Arrington and he mentioned that i will need to upgrade my half shafts and other parts but forgot to ask him which kind should i get between these 2. WIth GETRAG LSD or without GETRAG LSD, i don't currently have GETRAG LSD.

i know there will be other parts to upgrade but just wanted info on axles first.

1,400 hp Axle Upgrade 2009-2010 6.1L SRT8 (with Getrag LSD)

or

Axles for 2009-2010 HEMI (Non Getrag LSD) 1400 HP

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What kind of Axles half shafts should i purchase from Arrington ? Planning on hitting 600-700 RWHP. Spoke to Wyatt from Arrington and he mentioned that i will need to upgrade my half shafts and other parts but forgot to ask him which kind should i get between these 2. WIth GETRAG LSD or without GETRAG LSD, i don't currently have GETRAG LSD.

i know there will be other parts to upgrade but just wanted info on axles first.

1,400 hp Axle Upgrade 2009-2010 6.1L SRT8 (with Getrag LSD)

or

Axles for 2009-2010 HEMI (Non Getrag LSD) 1400 HP
Half shafts and axles will definitely need to be upgraded. You want the Getrag limited slip. As you car is now, only one rear wheel is pulling. With limited slip, both pull. Also with the increased HP, you need to beef up the rear, and maybe transmission.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Half shafts and axles will definitely need to be upgraded. You want the Getrag limited slip. As you car is now, only one rear wheel is pulling. With limited slip, both pull. Also with the increased HP, you need to beef up the rear, and maybe transmission.
believe the 2013 challenger classics are limited slip and not open. Called dodge as well and they told me the same thing as its slip limited. If that is the case, am i just good on purchasing half shafts for non getrag lsd ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts