Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I’ve been procrastinating way too long. Time to get a back up camera for my 2012. I seem to remember a few folks used the LockPick 5 for the head unit plus a wiring harness and a camera with LED which would fit into the rear license plate bulb. So I dug thru a bunch of threads but most were either for more recent years (so I’m not sure they will work on mine) and the few I found from back in the day had links to source components and websites that no longer work bc they are so old or those parts model are no longer sold.

So before I start wasting money and frustration on the trial and error method I’d like to put a call out to my follow brethren who have installed a back up camera into the older models. I’d like this to operate seamlessly with the factory display head unit as much as possible.

So What did you use, any tips for installation and is it still available and where can I purchase. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Reach out to Running with Beers. He had one on his car and his is in the same age bracket as ours. I think we are the only three left.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,385 Posts
Ahem.....I've been procrastinating just as long and should have thought to have someone install one on mine while I was on vacay.....If you're not in a hurry, I'll talk to him on Monday.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reach out to Running with Beers. He had one on his car and his is in the same age bracket as ours. I think we are the only three left.
THanks Bruce - didn’t know Jay had done it recently. Been scouring the internet and have only found one that seems to integrate directly into the head unit - made by Emerald Integrations. But some of their on line reviews leave me cautious. All the other options I keep running across require using a separate monitor which isn’t what I want to end up with.

Ahem.....I've been procrastinating just as long and should have thought to have someone install one on mine while I was on vacay.....If you're not in a hurry, I'll talk to him on Monday.
Theresa, I’m in no rush (obviously - lol). That would be great if you could ask. I haven’t gone down the route of talking to local shops yet - wanted to DIY if I could first - especially since it’s my guess that the local shops will want to replace the factory radio - which I don’t want to do.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also used a BOYO license plate camera and then to integrate it into my RHR Entertainment system on my 2012 R/T I used a CoastalTech LockPick system https://www.coastaletech.com/index.htm.
Can you send me the model number of the lockpick? I went into the coastal site and when I key in 2012 Challenger in the search fields I get zero results. I’m hoping if I enter the lock pick data it will find it - thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,639 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts