Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts

·
Business
20,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what kind of equipment you guys and gals are using. I have a gas stainless steel Jenn Air grill. Three burner with rotisserie. I bought it in 2005 still works great for grilling.

I also have a gas Browning Smoker four racks. It does a good but you have to baby sit it. Due to temperature fultuation.
60d91a2f1702e9195c500d614601dfac.jpg
Thinking of replacing it with a electric Bradley Smoker. They are insulated and should be more stable with temperature. I don't know anyone that has one and for me its a sizeable investment.
50053472.jpg

Do any of you all own one of these? Are there any good electric smokers that you all could recommend?

·
Administrator
47,502 Posts
Wondering what kind of equipment you guys and gals are using. I have a gas stainless steel Jenn Air grill. Three burner with rotisserie. I bought it in 2005 still works great for grilling.

I also have a gas Browning Smoker four racks. It does a good but you have to baby sit it. Due to temperature fultuation.
View attachment 91099 Thinking of replacing it with a electric Bradley Smoker. They are insulated and should be more stable with temperature. I don't know anyone that has one and for me its a sizeable investment.
View attachment 91100
Do any of you all own one of these? Are there any good electric smokers that you all could recommend?
Sorry I have no clue on smokers, insulated sounds better anyway.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,490 Posts
I know one thing Jeff, I want to come to your house for a cookout. We are real rednecks here. Just a plain charcoal grill. I got rid of the gas grill, hated the taste and messing with a gas bottle. The charcoal isn't that much of a bother as I only do steaks and burgers outside. Too bad we don't live closer. I provide the meat........you do the cooking!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Us rednecks here take old pressure tanks from a well system and make them into grills and smokers.

·
Premium Member
12,084 Posts
Been thinking of a smoker myself.... I will wait for your review...

·
Registered
22,021 Posts
I bought a cheap smoker for about $60 years ago, my recommendation is, don't buy a cheap smoker lol. A friend of mine has a home made one that he does ham's in (he raises his own hogs) the thing works great, now if I could only convince him to make me one. :D Now that you got me thinking about it that's another toy I need to put on my list of things to buy. :cool:

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
I know one thing Jeff, I want to come to your house for a cookout. We are real rednecks here. Just a plain charcoal grill. I got rid of the gas grill, hated the taste and messing with a gas bottle. The charcoal isn't that much of a bother as I only do steaks and burgers outside. Too bad we don't live closer. I provide the meat........you do the cooking!!!
I'll take you up on that offer, Betty.

·
8,582 Posts
We're really happy with our Napoleon BBQ. damm now I want to BBQ a T-bone. Never had a smoker...looked at them a few times but never broke down and got one.
You had to reach deep into your pocket for that puppy.

·
8,582 Posts
I have a Weber Genesis S-330. i am very happy with it. I use it more than my over. I hooked it up to natural gas. NG does not fluctuate with ambient temperature burns hotter that propane and offers an endless supply. I purchased this last year and plan on having it for a long time. Sorry Jeff I am not a smoker. Yet.

s330.jpg

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I've got an older Charbroil grill 4 burner side burner grill I bought about 4 years ago that I'm still pretty happy with. When we tear out the old patio I might look at setting the grill into a paver stone base.

Take it easy
Jay

·
26,490 Posts
^^Bring up those beef prices Jay!!!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
We'll try Betty a one pound Rib Eye at a time we'll try. The local butcher shop will cut them 3/4" to an 1" thick and they are always super tender.

·
Premium Member
7,471 Posts
I have a Weber Genesis S-330. i am very happy with it. I use it more than my over. I hooked it up to natural gas. NG does not fluctuate with ambient temperature burns hotter that propane and offers an endless supply. I purchased this last year and plan on having it for a long time. Sorry Jeff I am not a smoker. Yet.

View attachment 91107
I had NG in my last house and my new house.It does burn nicer and you don't have to keep an extra tank around.

·
Premium Member
7,471 Posts
The propane bottles put out oil sludge?We use the same type bottles on equipment and you would be amazed of the oil sludge that comes out of the regulator which we drain every 100hrs.That would be why you get a bad taste from the propane.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,476 Posts
I am grill poor, really! My favorites though are the Green Mountain pellet grills I have. The Daniel Boone (medium size) & Davey Crockett (tail gaiter) models use wood pellets (different flavors) and are thermostatically controlled. They will keep temps steady anywhere from 150 to 550 degrees. Both of mine are WiFi that I control using an app with my phone and can program to monitor/change grill temps after a certain amount of time or based on food temps. You can also upgrade the firmware if they have new releases. Best bang for the buck IMO.

·
26,490 Posts
Oh my, the MASTER CHEF men on this forum!! They just put me to shame.

·
Business
20,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nothing wrong with charcoal. Love the taste. But I also love the smoke taste of hickory and apple wood.

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts