Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2015 Challenger with the Uconnect 5.0 and short spoiler. She wants to replace the shorty spoiler with a tall one with the backup camera and swap out the Uconnect with an aftermarket head that has Apple Car Play. They unit she's looking at is a Kenwood DMX7704S. Will the factory backup camera work with the aftermarket radio? I'm assuming that if the stock camera has standard A/V connectors, it should work.

Another issue she's concerned with is that since she's going with a bigger screen size, she doesn't want the faceplate to be mutilated so she's a bit apprehensive about that. Can you guys post some pics of your screen size upgrades? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'll be honest, I'm not sure I have seen a 2015+ model that has had an aftermarket screen on it to replace the uConnect. I have seen folks upgrade from the 5.0 screen to the 8.4 one, but that is about it.

Not saying it hasn't been done, but I watch these forums a lot and I haven't seen it before.

Good luck though. Post some pics if you get it done. I'm curious to see what it would look like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the problems with an aftermarket head is unless you have a Maestro supported unit, you won't be able to run the climate controls.

Then, of course you don't want an installer who will hack up the bezel and make the install look like garbage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts