Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I saw this topic and thought I should throw in my two cents.

I went into Good Brothers Dodge in Weymouth Ma. on Dec 4th 2013 knowing exactly what I wanted. I ordered the 2014 100th anniversary Challenger SXT Plus car and I knew exactly which options I wanted.

I knew more about the details of the car than the salesman. He was not even aware of the 100 yr car. This was probably the easiest sale this salesman ever had!

Anyway, The price they offered me was decent according to what I researched online. So i stayed with this dealer. They also gave me the Dec. offer of 1000 dollars off the price. The salesman told me I would get this deal and whatever other offer Dodge has on Challengers when I complete financing of car. I completed financing on Feb 25th. The offer was not given to me. They told me I had to pick one or the other. This was not what I was told. I put up a stink and ended up getting a free window tint out of the deal.

Thats all well and good, but I don't have the car yet. It has been over the 8-12 weeks that I was told it would take for completion AND delivery of the car. On top of that, the delivery date has been pushed from feb 18, to 22 to 24, Then To a guarantee from the boss at Good brothers Dodge Jerry Good, telling me the car is being delivered late on the 24th or early on the 25th.

It was not. I went to dealership on 25th hopeful my car would be there and it was not. I completed financing just so it wasnt a wasted trip. Mr. Good explained to me that the car was held up on a rail car in East Longmeadow Ma and hopefully will be here very soon and that it was in a train yard unions hands, not chryslers.

I called Chrysler to complain about delivery. They told me the car is in Michigan right now and will not be in Mass until March 2nd. Delivery is roughly scheduled for March 7 now. I am going crazy waiting for this car!! :shakehead:

I know the dates of delivery are rough estimates, but to be told one thing and be disappointed this many times, I am really getting angry. I know it is not all the dealers fault, however someone lied to me about where the car is. Either it is in Michigan, or Mass. Either way I was lied to by Chrysler or my dealership. Really bummed out.
Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent!!

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
I can totally understand your frustration. Waiting is a tough game.
Please be sure to go over your car with a microscope when you take delivery. Your first instinct will be to grab the FOB and drive that baby as soon as you can. Restrain yourself by all means and take time to inspect it!! Make sure there is no damage from transport and everything is how you expect it to be. If there are any add-ons you were supposed to get (T handle shifter, bright pedals, etc) make sure you take inventory and everything is there. Spending an extra 45 minutes then will make a big difference rather than trying to go back to the dealer a few days later when you finally notice things.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Restrain yourself by all means and take time to inspect it!

That is a great point. Thanks for the advice. I know the car I ordered does come with a bunch of non standard add ons. I will make a list and make sure they are all accounted for. Great tip! Thx!

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
Yeah, I went over mine and I think I drove the dealer folks nuts... I literally walked up and down the car for a few minutes....

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
A $1000.00 off? Off what... the sticker price?

If that's correct, you got hosed. On a high-end car like a Challenger, 15% right off the top is normal. I got 17% of list on mine.
List was 34,731
17% off came out to a discount of $5,904.27 for a grand total that I paid of $28,820.00
There was no balony involved like nice guy discounts, sunny day discounts and all the other scams some dealers pull. If they don't work with me, I walk. I never make it easy to part with MY money.

Seems like the art of negotiation is lost in this country.

-John

·
Registered
100 Posts
to the OP just make sure your car was not on this train ( http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/freight-train-derailment-in-gardner/ )

i can tell you first hand that all cars on this train were dodge and jeep vehicles. how do i know that, because i live less than 50 yards from where the 4 cars tipped over.

also the old guy is right. my dad has been in the auto body business for over 40 years and has bought many new cars. i'v never seen him pay sticker price. he always gets 5-8 thousand off sticker.
good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I clearly made a mistake negotiating. Lesson learned.

All I can do is move forward. Unfortunately now they are telling me delivery is pushed back to 3/10. It just keeps getting further and further away!!
SoOO annoying! And no one will make any effort to move anything along. I went up the chain to Chrysler and they just keep giving me the BS line about not having control over anything.

"i can tell you first hand that all cars on this train were dodge and jeep vehicles. how do i know that, because i live less than 50 yards from where the 4 cars tipped over."

Is there any way I can find out if my car was on this train specifically? I will try to ask Chrysler, but I doubt I will get anywhere.

So frustrated with this delivery process. It has been over 2 months just in delivery!!!

Sorry guys, just felt the need to vent!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
While i usually dont defend the dealerships or manufacturers, there is a factor that is probably at play outside of their control no one has mentioned yet - the weather. This winter has been noteworthy for the excessive snow and ice events and how many days of lost work and schools, etc. I suspect the delays have been driven in large part by lost work days at the factories, lost days in shipment and transport, etc. Collectively i would not be surprised if it added 3 weeks plus to the date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"East Longmedow is not far from me , you want me to go over and get it?"

Thanks for the offer Cuda Ken!!

I wish they would just let me pick it up. I have a feeling i'm going to be in for more of a wait than the 10th too. Seems like they are just pulling dates out of nowhere now.

I will be sure to update when the car comes in.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,087 Posts
"East Longmedow is not far from me , you want me to go over and get it?"

Thanks for the offer Cuda Ken!!

I wish they would just let me pick it up. I have a feeling i'm going to be in for more of a wait than the 10th too. Seems like they are just pulling dates out of nowhere now.

I will be sure to update when the car comes in.
It is so hard to wait for your car! I special ordered mine last year on February 2nd. I finally got it on March 22nd. Something strange happened during transport. It was being trucked from Denver, CO to Rapid City, SD. Fifteen miles out of Rapid City the truck was stopped for being overweight! My dealer drove out and they unloaded the car from the truck, and they drove it the last fifteen miles!! Be patient, it is well worth the wait! I passed the time on the forum looking at all the beautiful Challengers!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

I saw this topic and thought I should throw in my two cents.

I went into Good Brothers Dodge in Weymouth Ma. on Dec 4th 2013 knowing exactly what I wanted. I ordered the 2014 100th anniversary Challenger SXT Plus car and I knew exactly which options I wanted.

I knew more about the details of the car than the salesman. He was not even aware of the 100 yr car. This was probably the easiest sale this salesman ever had!

Anyway, The price they offered me was decent according to what I researched online. So i stayed with this dealer. They also gave me the Dec. offer of 1000 dollars off the price. The salesman told me I would get this deal and whatever other offer Dodge has on Challengers when I complete financing of car. I completed financing on Feb 25th. The offer was not given to me. They told me I had to pick one or the other. This was not what I was told. I put up a stink and ended up getting a free window tint out of the deal.

Thats all well and good, but I don't have the car yet. It has been over the 8-12 weeks that I was told it would take for completion AND delivery of the car. On top of that, the delivery date has been pushed from feb 18, to 22 to 24, Then To a guarantee from the boss at Good brothers Dodge Jerry Good, telling me the car is being delivered late on the 24th or early on the 25th.

It was not. I went to dealership on 25th hopeful my car would be there and it was not. I completed financing just so it wasnt a wasted trip. Mr. Good explained to me that the car was held up on a rail car in East Longmeadow Ma and hopefully will be here very soon and that it was in a train yard unions hands, not chryslers.

I called Chrysler to complain about delivery. They told me the car is in Michigan right now and will not be in Mass until March 2nd. Delivery is roughly scheduled for March 7 now. I am going crazy waiting for this car!! :shakehead:

I know the dates of delivery are rough estimates, but to be told one thing and be disappointed this many times, I am really getting angry. I know it is not all the dealers fault, however someone lied to me about where the car is. Either it is in Michigan, or Mass. Either way I was lied to by Chrysler or my dealership. Really bummed out.
Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent!!

I feel your pain sir, when I ordered my 2013 srt8 core I was told two to six weeks, thought I must admit I did ask for a few options that were not standard with the core model, but you'll love it that much more when it finally arrive. Keep in mind the weather throughout the USA have been pretty rough. When you do pick it up raise some more fuss maybe they'll give you a full tank of gas mine only came with a 1/4 tank LOL:smileup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I actually bought my Challenger there too! I had a pretty good experience overall and also got $3500 off the sticker price! They found me a car from another dealer though so I didn't have the wit time issues like you did. Hope you get it soon!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I was looking at the same car at a dealer near me. They had five scheduled for delivery. All were in transit, the salesmen said they would be in in a few days. A few weeks went by and nothing. I just checked their website and it looks like there is only 1 scheduled for delivery now. Don't know what's going on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.