Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a Barton 6-speed shifter that says its for 2009 to 2018 Challengers with 6-speed manual trans will it fit my 2020 Challenger ?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
679 Posts
So I found a Barton 6-speed shifter that says its for 2009 to 2018 Challengers with 6-speed manual trans will it fit my 2020 Challenger ?
I would call Barton. They are great on the phone.
Do call or message Barton to be sure. I also found them very helpful.

I'm pretty sure it'll fit your 2020. The Barton website shows their shifters as fitting 2009 - 2020. And, I'd bet they'll fit a 2021 as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a problem with my Barton shifter, that I bought in June 2020 hitting the body in my 2020 scat pack. I called Barton and Joe told me the newer challengers had a slightly different trans cut out. And they had started making a revised shifter to clear the slightly different cut out . He said i could return the shifter for the revised one or grind the opening to clear the old style shifter. I opted to grind the opening to gain the clearance I needed. So, I believe there are different revisions based on model year, I'd call Joe at Barton he could advise you best. Still the best mod I've done to the car.

·
Registered
2018 SPS M6 F8 Green, Dynamics Package, Partial Wrap and Coating, Barton Shifter
875 Posts
I had a problem with my Barton shifter, that I bought in June 2020 hitting the body in my 2020 scat pack. I called Barton and Joe told me the newer challengers had a slightly different trans cut out. And they had started making a revised shifter to clear the slightly different cut out . He said i could return the shifter for the revised one or grind the opening to clear the old style shifter. I opted to grind the opening to gain the clearance I needed. So, I believe there are different revisions based on model year, I'd call Joe at Barton he could advise you best. Still the best mod I've done to the car.
Wow you just answered an issue I have had with Barton since I installed it on my 2018 SPS, but did not get that kind of response from Barton. Since installing the shifter I have had this "contact" noise, like the shifter was touching the body and that is probably what it is. A mechanic thought he was hearing the clutch spinning. Barton offered a damper pad for the noise but didn't provide it. You can hear it mostly in 1st and 2nd and not so much in 3rd and up, probably right where the right shifter bar is at the time. I have been meaning to take it all apart and check and perhaps I will likely see scrapings on the right shifter bar. I'll have to file any body protrusion as required. Thanks for this input!! Still agree best mod.

·
Registered
Mopar 17 Challenger #6 of 80 Billet Silver
80 Posts
where you pickup that phone holder and do you like it
It is Proclip and yes I absolutely love it. Their website is complete with car, and phone choices. With cases and without cases for your phone choices also. Awesome product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts