Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my Barton Shifter! Can not wait, I've been dying to get a shifter for my ride, no offense to the Hurst shifters out there, and I understand Hurst is a racing shifter. I just couldn't pull the trigger with the noise complaints and the mods necessary to fix a brand new shifter.

So from what I've read, this shifter is awesome.

Anyone here get a first run? Looking for some install advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was in on the 2nd run, ordered Monday, supposed to be here next Thursday. Only two options: one w Barton shifter handle and ball, and one w/o. Price w/ is about $500, w/o about $425.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That does look like a really nice shifter. If it addresses the noise issues better than the Hurst this is probably going on the birthday wish list.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Its good to hear someone else is stepping up to a Barton. I have the prototype and have fallen in love with my car again. I have to preface a few things. If you are expecting an absolutely quiet shifter this is not for you. As with a CAI or exhaust upgrades sound will change. It is a personal thing so my experience is Im happy and Im satisfied. Some will complain if there is any changes to the interior noises they already know.

The other thing is watch the install video closely and follow it exactly as outlined and you will be reward.

Good luck with your install and experience.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just ordered my Barton Shifter! Can not wait, I've been dying to get a shifter for my ride, no offense to the Hurst shifters out there, and I understand Hurst is a racing shifter. I just couldn't pull the trigger with the noise complaints and the mods necessary to fix a brand new shifter.

So from what I've read, this shifter is awesome.

Anyone here get a first run? Looking for some install advice.

Thanks
Congrats, that shifter in luckys thread looked great!
. Some will complain if there is any changes to the interior noises they already know.

The other thing is watch the install video closely and follow it exactly as outlined and you will be reward.

Good luck with your install and experience.
I watched your video/thread... Thats a slick looking shifter, it seemed much tighter than stock in your video. Is it a lot louder?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes, it is louder than stock. I personally do not hear it as much as others but if your question is, "if it is louder than stock?" The answer is yes! I would not trade the visceral feeling for the sound. Your results may vary. Good luck!

FYI, about a month of ownership and I still feel like Im 18 again hitting those gears like a champ. WooHoo that is a sh*t load of fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.