Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the battery in my 2008 Challenger. I unhooked the negative and positive cables, unplugged the hose, undid the strap and removed the bolt in the hold down plate. Battery slides front to back but does not want to lift up. What am I missing?

·
Registered
362 Posts
some muscles?.....sorry man, couldn't resist. :)

Reactions: Ramithome

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy!

Check the owner's manual for safety battery removal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy!

Check the owner's manual for safety battery removal.
Yes. welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bettery Removal

I hired some muscle and they were happy to see that the battery was already in the trunk so all they had to do was shoot it and dump it in the swamp. But they couldn't get it out either.

Seriously, I looked through the owners manual and did not see anything about battery removal. Pages 286 to 307 mentioned location and jump starting.

Attachment shows 4 of 5 steps completed. 5th was removal of a bolt and plate on the trunk floor at the back of the battery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
You have done all that needs doing to remove the battery. It really is very heavy and it is possible that for some reason it may be stuck to the floor of the car. I normally don't recommend this has a mechanic...but it's time go gorilla on that battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are correct. It took a little effort with a small flat bar but I got it out. Seems there was some tape under it.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts