Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Yep that is a great deal on a BBK throttle body. Nice find.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Can you put a larger throttle body on a stock motor that only has an air intake and exhaust on it?(no headers)

·
Registered
25 Posts
bbk throttle body

Yes you can without hurting a thing what you have is all you need a pretty good improvement when you put it on even better when you program it.
but it is not out for the 2014 5,7 motor yet 2013 and under

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
how much hp does it make, I have always heard that they really don't make that much differents. but I don't no much about them either. does it go hand in hand with something else like fuel rails or something

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes you can without hurting a thing what you have is all you need a pretty good improvement when you put it on even better when you program it.
but it is not out for the 2014 5,7 motor yet 2013 and under
What are you programming for it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
93 octane rev limiter change adjustablesr exhaust and intake throttle response and transmission adjustment whole bunch of adjustables
So basically the same things you would normally adjust with a diablosport or trinity?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey brettdoo,

I just traded in my 2010 R/T which I had the BBK 85mm TB on. Called BBK before I turned the car over to see if the TB would work on the 2014 and they told me the electronics are not compatible as someone else has already mentioned. I did some research a found Modern Muscle and Speedlogix both offer ported 87 or 85 mm TB for the 2014 challenger for around $379- -399. They are supposedly MOPAR TB's which are machined out to 83mm on the outlet and 87 or 85 mm at the inlet. Claim is the electronics are fully plug and play. With my BBK unit I would occasionally get it throwing a trouble code for high idle speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 RT - Intalled Legmaker Cold Air & BBK 85mm T-Body (12500 miles on car)... One problem - I keep setting HIGH idle codes even after I follow the re-learn proceedures. Can any1 give me advise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
85 mm BBK High Idle Codes...

I have a 2011 RT with 12500 miles. Just installed Legmaker cold air & 85mm BBK T-Body - Thanks Auto Anything $355 !! Drove the car with much better throttle response - nice change - Not so nice check engine light. Took it to the dealer - High Idle & sum EGR stuff... I had him shoot updated ECM parameters in... Eng light right back on...... has any1 experienced this? Oh... One more thing... Will the use of a Diablo tuner void the waranty ?
Thank U everyone !

cpvo

·
Registered
142 Posts
CPVO,

see my message 2 post above yours. You will see I had the same problem with my 2010 RT and the BBK 85mm TB. Has to do with the idle speed not returning to setpoint before a predetermined amount of time on start up. When I first installed the TB would happen all the time. Then gradually became less frequent until eventually stopped happening. When I called BBK they gave me a song an dance about how they test the units on Challengers and they are supposedly fully compatible with the OEM electronics. My understanding of the issue is has to do with combination of the CAI and TB changing the fuel/air ratio to a bit lean and the onboard computer cannot initially compensate. Overtime the system "Learns" the new setup and makes the corrections. However, the best way to correct it would be to have the car tuned and adjust the F/A ratios to optimize the performance.

With respect to installing a non-OEM tune, I would suspect the dealers would use this as an excuse to avoid repairing the drive train under the warranty. I have never used the handhelds but I believe you can store the factory tune and reload it if you need to take the car in for service. But if you go to one of the threads covering tuning questions, there are plenty of folks who can answer better than me.

good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.