Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, I’m new to this so be nice...
I recently ordered and received a pair of BBK shorty headers. I received them with torn gaskets and no hardware. The company I ordered from will not send gaskets or hardware because they do not sell them separately. Their fix is for me to get the gaskets and hardware myself and they will reimburse me and compensate for the legwork. So I’ve reordered the gaskets through BBK’s website but they don’t sell hardware separately. I was wondering if anyone here knew the sizes of the bolts needed to install the headers? I found the diameter size through the installation pdf but I don’t know the length. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You are way better off with factory gaskets than the BBK. I think thats what almost everyone on here will recommend.

·
Registered
97 Posts
First things first, I’m new to this so be nice...
I recently ordered and received a pair of BBK shorty headers. I received them with torn gaskets and no hardware. The company I ordered from will not send gaskets or hardware because they do not sell them separately. Their fix is for me to get the gaskets and hardware myself and they will reimburse me and compensate for the legwork. So I’ve reordered the gaskets through BBK’s website but they don’t sell hardware separately. I was wondering if anyone here knew the sizes of the bolts needed to install the headers? I found the diameter size through the installation pdf but I don’t know the length. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What year is your Challenger?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an RT, but I separately bought OEM RT gaskets and Stage 8 locking bolts. The BBK supplied bolts and gaskets are sitting in a box in my garage. Can I ask why you bought shorty headers for your SRT? The stock SRT headers probably perform just as well.

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Yup! Dyno tests have already been done. Out of all the shorty headers, The factory 392 headers make the most power all throughout the power band.
-John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an RT, but I separately bought OEM RT gaskets and Stage 8 locking bolts. The BBK supplied bolts and gaskets are sitting in a box in my garage. Can I ask why you bought shorty headers for your SRT? The stock SRT headers probably perform just as well.
Honestly the price was right and the people I talked to said not to expect any crazy gains but it would add some with the exhaust system I’ve got and give it a better sound and not need a tune. I’ve also heard a lot of issues with long tubes throwing codes.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I’m seeing that now, should have asked before buying lol
Lots of good knowledge on here. Just ask. At least you didn't go to the trouble of installing them.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
OK, since you have the 6.4 you already have factory shorty headers on there. Replacing with the BBK probably won't gain you anything.
Totally Agree, If you were changing from a stock configuration long tubes would have been the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts