Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone interested in hitting Beaver Springs Dragway for their Tune and Test on Sunday Sept 29? Provided there isn't a rain out of Saturdays Jalopy show down and they need Sunday for a rain day there should be a tune and test on Sunday with the gates opening at 8am until 5pm.

So far folks planning to attend are myself and Rob (715racing), Rob's bringing his twin turbo Challenger for it's first trip to the track after a few upgrades. Post up if your interested (or just show up lol), the more Mopars the better.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but I can’t as that is my son’s birthday and party that day. Hopefully I get some free time in October to meet up with you guys.

Reactions: 70barcuda

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up but I can’t as that is my son’s birthday and party that day. Hopefully I get some free time in October to meet up with you guys.
Just think how excited he will be when you tell your son that as part of his birthday party he gets to go to a real drag strip :p. Just kidding, enjoy your son's big day and hopefully we can all catch up at the track again soon.

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
Hey Jon , yeah Rob gave me a yell about the 360 for the power wagon ironically just as I’d turned the corner on throwing that 383 big block in .
He said you were concerned about how late Friday nights test n tune got . Your right I didn’t make it home till 1am the other week but I enjoyed it and would go again. Did you get any video ? the only one I got I think you missed the light .
I have to get some Gas so let me know if you need any and let’s hope the weather isn’t to nice .
Allen the offer is still open to be pit boy for the day , it would be my pleasure.

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jon , yeah Rob gave me a yell about the 360 for the power wagon ironically just as I’d turned the corner on throwing that 383 big block in .
I have to get some Gas so let me know if you need any and let’s hope the weather isn’t to nice .
You should get both motors Grant, save one for a future project :p. I have to check on videos I think my brother may have taken one but I haven't looked at the camera since I got back from the track.

I'm good on fuel, I think I sill have a can and a half left for use this fall. Thanks for asking though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe Hammer Down Bill will go and race Rob again. That'll be interesting!

;)
It would be pretty interesting if you brought that rocket you just got back, and raced both me and Bill. I don't mind getting my butt kicked by two righteous hot rods.:D

Alan, you should come Just For Old Times Sake, and to dispel the rumors that you might have passed away. Or even worse, that you just don't like us anymore.:(

Grant...no worries mate, . A big block would probably be more fun then that poor little 360.:)

·
12,973 Posts
It would be pretty interesting if you brought that rocket you just got back, and raced both me and Bill. I don't mind getting my butt kicked by two righteous hot rods.:D

Alan, you should come Just For Old Times Sake, and to dispel the rumors that you might have passed away. Or even worse, that you just don't like us anymore.:(

Grant...no worries mate, . A big block would probably be more fun then that poor little 360.:)
Hey Rob, I definitely do like you guys and I definitely want to come even if it's just to hang out, it will be great to see the new and improved "Silver Slug" :D If I was to kick the bucket you guys would surely find out, I've already planned for that in my own crazy way. LOL :D

·
Politically correct.
11,081 Posts
.:)
Let me upgrade my drivetrain over the winter and I'll surely bring it next year. I just don't feel like getting it towed home when I snap an axle.

I won't stand a chance racing you guys but it'll be fun.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Let me upgrade my drivetrain over the winter and I'll surely bring it next year. I just don't feel like getting it towed home when I snap an axle.

I won't stand a chance racing you guys but it'll be fun.

I have a set of G-Force 1000 horsepower axles. You'd have to check and see if they would fit your car, but they're out of my 2012, automatic SRT8. If they fit, you can have them for about a third of the price of new. They're in great shape.

·
Politically correct.
11,081 Posts
I have a set of G-Force 1000 horsepower axles. You'd have to check and see if they would fit your car, but they're out of my 2012, automatic SRT8. If they fit, you can have them for about a third of the price of new. They're in great shape.
Let me do some research on that. I'll probably take your offer if they'll fit.

:)

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like a chance of an afternoon T-storm on Saturday, I don't think it will mess us up for Sunday but I recommend folks check to make sure the Jalopy showdown isn't moved into Sunday before making the drive.

Update from Beaver Springs Dragway's facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/26066065038/

Sunday will be a TestnTune 11 to 4 . Gonna be awesome weather .

1 - 20 of 56 Posts