Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
801 RWHP
8,181 Posts
Well, not going to make it. Life is happening. Have to get some stuff done for pops that he can no longer do. Plus, harder now with dog to get taken care of. And to be transparent, it's very nerve wracking to go racing 3+ hours from home. Something breaks on a Sunday, I'm in trouble. I love doing it. Fun racing with you guys. Love how not crowded it is compared to Atco. Not a fan of uphill launch with a 6 speed, but eh. I'm disappointed. Sorry guys. It's just really far. Good luck to all. Get some PBs.

·
12,973 Posts
I doubt I'll be there. The car is not ready and my Ram is only a 6 cyl. Not worth racing that. Hopefully next year.
I'm probably not gonna race John, I'll just be basically giving my analysis and expert commentary LOL, I wish you would come and keep us company, with all the jokes it will be a blast. :D

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
C6CDE675-1E35-427F-93EA-0F03CC49038E.jpeg
@OrangeCrush392
Been racing this year Dave ?
More colours the better . :):)
Raced a couple times and the Modern Hemi race at Cecil. Have to drop my commuter car off at the body shop to get the rear fixed Mon., so I need to replace the power steering pump and lines on my truck so I have something to drive to work. Wish I was free.

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
View attachment 208672
Raced a couple times and the Modern Hemi race at Cecil. Have to drop my commuter car off at the body shop to get the rear fixed Mon., so I need to replace the power steering pump and lines on my truck so I have something to drive to work. Wish I was free.
Hopefully we can catch up at Cecil for some PB attempts or Atco for the last Modern Hemi event .

·
Politically correct.
11,081 Posts
I'm probably not gonna race John, I'll just be basically giving my analysis and expert commentary LOL, I wish you would come and keep us company, with all the jokes it will be a blast. :D
I'd like to but I also have sooooo much to do around the house before it gets cold. I have to take advantage of the nice weather while I can.

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Weather should be decent, we won't have that cold air that gives out PB's but shouldn't be too bad. Rob has some new up grades on the silver slug so that should prove interesting. The car's been to HHP and OST this year so it should be the new and improved slug :p.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday, should be a good time.

·
12,973 Posts
Well after a long absence I finally made it back to Beaver Springs not to race but to watch the action and hang out with some old friends and let them know that I'm still alive and kicking. It was some real quality time, Jon and Grant both ran very strong and consistent and then there was the new and improved "Silver Slug" I'm not comment to much on that, all I'll say is Rob you didn't disappoint!! Here are a few videos that I took. I'm sorry I didn't think to turn the camera right.
Jon vs drag car
Grant vs drag car

Rob vs A.J.
Jon vs Grant
Grant vs Rob

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for posting the vids Alan, glad you could make it out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks for the vids Alan!!! Hopefully next year I'll join you guys.

:)

Oh BTW, who's silver Challenger was that? It looked slow as a slug. o_O

It was good to see everybody, especially you Alan... I wasn't sure if the rumors of your demise were true or not. I'm glad they weren't! Good job on the videos, it's fun to be able to look back and watch everybody race.

Grant, we're going to find that nitrous bottle someday. LOL

Yes Oil Slick, that silver thing is a slug.
I was hoping it might be a shade quicker than it was, but the last three runs were all in the 10.40s at just over 130, so I'm pretty happy with it.
Hopefully now the drivetrain is as close to bulletproof as possible, so one never knows what might happen with the Boost controller.

When it cools down a little bit more, we got to do this again. And I'm really hoping to make Cecil in the fall

:D:D:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, that didn't work. For some reason my phone wouldn't let me reply there. We had a good day, everybody's car ran well, and nobody broke. Including the slug.

Grant, we're going to find that nitrous bottle someday, and you know right where John is going to insert it. LOL

Oily... the silver slug is just that, a slug. But it ran pretty well this day.
The last three runs were all in the 10.40s, at just over 130 miles per hour. If the drivetrain is as strong as it seems, something just might happen with the Boost. Hopefully we'll have you there next time, you know you're dying to go!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts