Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Politically correct.
11,081 Posts
Well, that didn't work. For some reason my phone wouldn't let me reply there. We had a good day, everybody's car ran well, and nobody broke. Including the slug.

Grant, we're going to find that nitrous bottle someday, and you know right where John is going to insert it. LOL

Oily... the silver slug is just that, a slug. But it ran pretty well this day.
The last three runs were all in the 10.40s, at just over 130 miles per hour. If the drivetrain is as strong as it seems, something just might happen with the Boost. Hopefully we'll have you there next time, you know you're dying to go!

In all seriousness, that's NOOOOO slug Rob. It's a very cool ride!!! Fast too!!! I likey!!!!

;)

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
In all seriousness, that's NOOOOO slug Rob. It's a very cool ride!!! Fast too!!! I likey!!!!

;)
Yeah right the slug :confused: I thought Americans didn’t do irony .
Just a few lazy 10.4s with plenty left in the back pocket . He’s very intimidating, by the time the smoke clears he’s halfway down track and you’ve missed the light . This poor young bloke wasn’t sure where he was .
15C41153-F8A3-4539-B029-CD446C0F1561.jpeg

·
12,973 Posts
Yeah right the slug :confused: I thought Americans didn’t do irony .
Just a few lazy 10.4s with plenty left in the back pocket . He’s very intimidating, by the time the smoke clears he’s halfway down track and you’ve missed the light . This poor young bloke wasn’t sure where he was .
View attachment 209346
Poor A.J., I felt sorry for him too, he didn't know what hit him, the Slug was half way down the track by the time he passed the 60 ft mark. :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
Poor A.J., I felt sorry for him too, he didn't know what hit him, the Slug was half way down the track by the time he passed the 60 ft mark. :eek::eek:
Glad you made the trip up Alan it’s a beautiful drive especially in the fall . We are going to organize a trip to Cecil County and take advantage of the cool air and wide track , hopefully you and a few others can join us ( @NEPA SCAT , @Hammer Down , @OrangeCrush392 , @GARRETTECH ) . We can see if a slug can get well in the 9s then Rob will be on the bbq for the rest of the day .
50653A3A-FE14-4549-9B82-C9A1A7657355.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a great time at Beaver Sunday with 715racing, 70barcuda, 245pacer, and dodge boy. First time I ever race a stick at the track and after using 715racing's drag radials my best run was a 13.86 @ 101.67mph (cold air intake, maganaflow competition series catback, diablo intune 3 with Hemi fever tune) little more practice/track time and I believe I can run faster yet. Can't wait to go down again soon.

·
Registered
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
[QUOTE="RollingThunder771CE, post: 1698422, (cold air intake, maganaflow competition series catback, diablo intune 3 with Hemi fever tune) [/QUOTE]

AJ, while you are adding mods to your car I'd suggest a set of gorilla lug nuts (if you don't already have them). If you stick with the factory one's and change your tires frequently (such as putting on drag radials at the track) the flashing on the factory ones tend to split apart.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I broke a stud when my car was new with a torque wrench
The mechanics were shocked that I did it by hand. So I bought gorillas. And I don't torque them according to the manual. The dealer thought 130lbs is way too much

·
12,973 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a spare key socket.
Yes, absolutely, get two keys, I just went through the hassle of getting an extra one after my tire changer stripped the first one, it's a good investment , they're about $15 ea.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts