Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I finally will make a Test n Tune this weekend. Just picked up my car from Arrington this morning (Loooong drive to Martinsville and back) and if the weather is good, Beaver Springs here I come. Jon, Alan, John, anybody else planning on going down? 10AM is when the fun starts, but I'm going to get there a bit early so the car has a chance to cool down. Jim, (Livingston36) it would be a great day to drive down from NY to join us.
Hope to see some of you there!
Rob

·
12,990 Posts
Hey Rob, I'm glad to see you finally got your car back, I think Jon hasn't been on line for a while and might be on vacation now, also Jim hasn't been around here much either lately and it probably be best to try and contact them personally. Anyway I would love to see your car run in person and I'm sure your gonna terrorize the place. I'm gonna see if I can get out what i was supposed to do on Saturday and try to get out there.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be good to see you. Not sure how the car is going to run...we backed the boost down a bit just for "safety", but either way it'll be fun.

I guess I forgot to mention SATURDAY the 16th is the day.

See ya there!

·
12,990 Posts
As I'm sure you know Rob, Beaver is a tough track, the higher d.a. won't help either, the last time I was there I ran 12.24 @ 112.8 mph

·
12,990 Posts
I'm sure you will be running rings around me Rob with all that HP!! LOL.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping for middle 11's at around 120 mph the way it is sitting now.
With drag radials, of course.

·
12,990 Posts
Beaver Springs Test & Tune 8/16

Well 715Racing (Rob) and myself met up this morning at Beaver Springs for some Test &Tune action, the weather was absolutely perfect and Rob finally got a chance to try out his new monster build that he recently got back from Arrington and all I can say is WOW!!! Its just incredible. His second run which was against me was an 10.879 @ 131 mph, I felt like I was left standing still. It was a great day to be out there and I'm glad I was able to make it to Beaver Springs again. Here are a few pics.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,458 Posts
Great looking cars with great looking guys!! Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you had a good time!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Well 715Racing (Rob) and myself met up this morning at Beaver Springs for some Test &Tune action, the weather was absolutely perfect and Rob finally got a chance to try out his new monster build that he recently got back from Arrington and all I can say is WOW!!! Its just incredible. His second run which was against me was an 10.879 @ 131 mph, I felt like I was left standing still. It was a great day to be out there and I'm glad I was able to make it to Beaver Springs again. Here are a few pics.

Oh damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just seen this post. I wish I knew you guys were going! Uhhhhgg! :shakehead:

·
12,990 Posts
I did do one video of one of 715racings runs unfortunately he went out of focus due to the sun glare in my phone at about the 1/8 mile mark when he doing well over 100 mph, you will have to listen to my commentary for the rest of the race, he finished with a 10.99 @ 129 mph.

Rob's 10.99 pass: http://youtu.be/AdEGPyyvsrg

·
12,990 Posts
Here are a couple of more pics taken by the track photographer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hellooooooo.

Fun day Alan! Sure was good seeing you there, and your car is a beast too. Lousy air doesn't make for the best times, but good friends, decent food and cold drinks sure do.

Remember, you DID out 60' me, so you can always say you beat a 10 second car.

Can't wait to do it again!

Rob

Uhhhhh Oilslick? Sure woulda liked to see that new HEMI truck run...

·
12,990 Posts
Hellooooooo.

Fun day Alan! Sure was good seeing you there, and your car is a beast too. Lousy air doesn't make for the best times, but good friends, decent food and cold drinks sure do.

Remember, you DID out 60' me, so you can always say you beat a 10 second car.

Can't wait to do it again!

Rob

Thanks for the kind words Rob and believe me i had a great time yesterday, everything like you said was great. As far as the racing was concerned running low 12's like i was doing is no match for that beast of yours LOL, you were so far ahead of me that i even saw your time come up on the time tower before i crossed the finish line:Wow1::Wow1:!! anyway i finally talked to Jon on the way home, and it ends up that he is coming back from a Wyoming fishing trip and will be back on Tuesday. Im hoping that we can all get together again when the cool weather returns, im sure it will be a great time. :smileup:

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys at the track, looks like you had a good time and posted some good track times. I'll have to catch up with everyone on the next trip to the track, looking forward to doing some racing in the cool fall air.

Reactions: dodge boy

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Yeah, hell I'll try it!!! Let me get some miles on it to break it in first. It won't be too fast, but it should be fun. :smileup:

Someone PM me if you guys go again, just in case I miss the thread. Thanks!

:wavey:

·
12,990 Posts
Yeah, hell I'll try it!!! Let me get some miles on it to break it in first. It won't be too fast, but it should be fun. :smileup:

Someone PM me if you guys go again, just in case I miss the thread. Thanks!

:wavey:

You will definitely be in the loop for the next outing John, you can count on that!! :smileup: One other surprise that I had on Saturday was that for first time I put my car up on their scale and with me the Supercharger which added at least 100 lbs to the curb weight and the spare tire the weight reading was only 4310lbs so I'm guess my cars weight without the spare and before the Supercharger and me in it was around 3960 lbs, that's neck and neck with the SS Camaro!!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
You will definitely be in the loop for the next outing John, you can count on that!! :smileup: One other surprise that I had on Saturday was that for first time I put my car up on their scale and with me the Supercharger which added at least 100 lbs to the curb weight and the spare tire the weight reading was only 4310 some I'm guess my cars weight without the spare and before the Supercharger and me in it was around 3960 lbs, not too bad!!
We always hear 4,000 plus pounds when people talk about the weight of our cars but when I got my R/T there was a sheet of paper I found in my glove box that said my cars ship weight was 3970. That comes in mighty close to what you are figuring.

·
Premium Member
18,489 Posts
You will definitely be in the loop for the next outing John, you can count on that!! :smileup: One other surprise that I had on Saturday was that for first time I put my car up on their scale and with me the Supercharger which added at least 100 lbs to the curb weight and the spare tire the weight reading was only 4310lbs so I'm guess my cars weight without the spare and before the Supercharger and me in it was around 3960 lbs, that's neck and neck with the SS Camaro!!
Alan - your svelte build has many advantages !:smileup:

·
12,990 Posts
We always here 4,000 plus pounds when people talk about the weight of our cars but when I got my R/T there was a sheet of paper I found in my glove box that said my cars ship weight was 3970. That comes in mighty close to what you are figuring.
Alan - your svelte build has many advantages !:smileup:
I estimated the weight of the Supercharger by how much my back was squealing when i packed it in my trunk for the ride down to HHP, man that thing was HEAVY!! :doh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts