Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am new to this whole v8 srt world. im looking forward to it. i just baught a 2010 srt8 with 45kmi. the car is completely stock, no mods what so ever. but that is going to change.

i hope to recieve good recomendations on parts. what would be some good beginer mods for my car, name brands also.

EXHAUST?
HEADERS?
INTAKE?
FUEL PUMP?
TUNER?

ALL INPUT WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED. THANX:D

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I'll throw in the recommendation for the tuner as well. Very easy, effective, and flexible.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,957 Posts
Catch can, tuner, exhaust...all catchcans pretty much work the same. Diablosport for the tuner. Exhaust depends on how aggressive you want the car to sound and how much you are willing to pay.

·
12,989 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the advice, already ordered catch can and exhaust. but i kind of want to get all the boltons taken care of before tuning. would cold air intake and some headers be a good thought? was also thinking about nitrous? im preety sure motor can take it. and if so wet or dry? and what size shot would be good to use? thanx

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
Hello everyone, i am new to this whole v8 srt world. im looking forward to it. i just baught a 2010 srt8 with 45kmi. the car is completely stock, no mods what so ever. but that is going to change.

i hope to recieve good recomendations on parts. what would be some good beginer mods for my car, name brands also.

EXHAUST?
HEADERS?
INTAKE?
FUEL PUMP?
TUNER?

ALL INPUT WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED. THANX:D
Exhaust: Leave it alone. The exhaust flows well and is highly efficient; unless you simply want more noise then look at CORSA Extreme, Solo, zoomers etc. Personally I'd go with Solo or Corsa Extremes because they have solved drone issues.
Tuner: Intune from Diablo
Headers, Intake, and Fuel Pump: No. SRT shorty headers are pretty efficient. Intake (wouldn't do it unless you are also going to do cam, heads, and Throttle Body and CMR Tune) Fuel Pump no; waste of money on a stock car.

Before you start modding think through what you want to do then let your modding move you to your goals. Headers, intake, and fuel pump makes me think you want more power. If that's the case then you really need to speak to a vendor to help you achieve the power levels you want.

Not trying to rain on your parade but modding a car for performance gets expensive. If all you are doing is cosmetic mods then a catch can, CAI, exhaust make sense. But if you are really serious about improving the power and handling of your car then talk to Andy at PWR, the folks from Arrington, or HHP. These folks will help you achieve your goals.

·
Registered
345 Posts
what is the car going to be used for?

would not get into nitrous unless you are racing, and if you go beyond the basic bolt ons you need to start thinking about handling the extra power with better suspension and tires, and eventually drivetrain mods

If you still want to do nitrous (Zex, nitrousoutlet, NOS) make sure you do cat deletes (JBA,SLP) and get a wideband (Autometer, AEM) and make sure its a wet kit with purge and heater, 75 shot to start, 6.1s can take up to 175 with colder spark plugs

tuning is the most important of any mod though

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the Corsa Exhaust Catback and it's the best bang for your buck with no drone whatsoever and if you like an aggressive sound go with the Extreme and if it's a little less aggressive but nasty when you step on the peddle then the Corsa Sport is a great choice as well. Good luck and if your still in the market for a CAI Kit PM me as I'm going to be listing a like new Mopar Kit with less than 150 miles on it for sale soon because it won't work with my 426/Supercharger build,thnx!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts