Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Lighter colors are always better for hiding dirt. Black/dark cars are the worst. I would think medium-light greys wouldn't be too bad?
Best color is "Garage Queen Under A Cover".
I have a Deep Jazz Blue Pearl car. It's a daily driver, so I am screwed. :D

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
422 Posts
Black is the best color for show, but definitely the most difficult to keep show clean. Wash and wipe once and some time twice a week. It can be a hassle but oh boy it is worth it. The thumbs up, smiles and winks and the just stop and stares are the proof in that pudding. I do like Smoke Show too.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,118 Posts
Owned a white car some 5 years or so. While it got dirty the dirt didn't seen to show up as bad. Currently own a white M-B cargo van. Huge white thing but dirt doesn't really show up.

Silver/grey cars were next. Then the darker the color the more the dirt was noticeable.

Let me offer a list from my experience. From "best" to "worst": White, some horrid beige, (a tie) Light Pewter (Grey) and Arctic Silver, Torrid Red, Octane Red, Hellraisin, Lapis Blue, Indigo Blue. These last 3 colors are pretty close with the Hellraisin maybe not as "bad" as the darker blues.

Never owned a black car. Owned a black H-D. Looked gorgeous with the bright chrome drag pipes and because it never got driven in the rain generally looked good all the time. But of course a lot less sheet metal to keep clean on a motorcycle vs. a car.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,696 Posts
IMO, Yellow because pollen won't show bad during the pollen times of the year, Black and White are bad even though you may think white is not bad, we rented one and it literally sucked dirt to it, black is the worst of all and black car owners know that very well.

Now would I buy a car worrying about keeping it clean, ROFL :ROFLMAO:, that's what washing the car is for!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Best: white! Worst: black! Everything else is in the middle. LOL!!!

:cool:
Pretty much. Really I don't consider color and how hard it is to keep clean that much when I am shopping for cars.

Well, with one exception.

I do admit while I like black cars I so far have avoided buying one because well, while I like the looks I don't enjoy putting out the effort to keep it looking showroom shiny all the time.

But except for black I'm open to about any color. 'course I have to see the car in person and the car has to look good with the color. The "horrid beige" color car was my first new car and I was shopping price not so much color. But subsequent car purchases had me considering color as well as options and price.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,819 Posts
With the dust here which is a light brown there is not a color that Dodge makes that does not look dirty after a short period of time especially on a windy day. Oh and drive a white car here in the rain and that really shows the dirt.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My Hell Raisin Heck Kitten is really hard to keep clean... it's right up there with black.
Was out last night in my Hellraisin Scat Pack. Stopped for gas. Was looking at the trunk lid and noticed how dusty it was. Car parked in a garage when not in use. Not quite as bad as black IMHO but pretty darn close.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,259 Posts
With the dust here which is a light brown there is not a color that Dodge makes that does not look dirty after a short period of time especially on a windy day. Oh and drive a white car here in the rain and that really shows the dirt.
Right on! Wet, dirt-coated white turns to micro-mud, especially here in the Midwest. Under those same conditions black can actually look better sometimes.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,819 Posts
Right on! Wet, dirt-coated white turns to micro-mud, especially here in the Midwest. Under those same conditions black can actually look better sometimes.
Especially here as all the oil that has accumulated on the road come up when it rains and now the sides of the car are black spattered lol.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,029 Posts
White is easiest hands down the darker the more PITA, I had 3 Black Cars was always Cleaning them more times then others but once cleaned polished and Waxed
the most Mirror looking. Gray's always look like the car is in primer and needs painting or the person ran out of money fixing it up. Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What is the best color to keep looking good? Was looking at smoke show or if they ever come out with sublime again.

Have a great holiday
Any light color imo. Its why im not big on dark colors.

We have had many white cars, which is my Wifes preference for some reason. My Challenger is Billet and id never get the dark ones like black, indigo, dark gray, etc. Dont want to clean it that often lol.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Didn't know the post was about your buying preference?
Isnt but you did say you wished everyone had a CHANCE to get one of those colors. Im part of everyone and I could of.

I Don't mean to offend anyone's choice. I like seeing the Sublime green out and about.
I'm sure there is a color you wouldn't buy. Isn't that fair? I like all Challengers, just prefer other colors. Black is popular, I wouldn't buy one though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts