Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input on what they think the best set of long tube headers are, or and additional information when search for a set. whats the best in terms of a performance gains. Anyone who has has more than one set feel free to post. Going to get some for my R/T sometime soon

·
Now that was dumb!
5,991 Posts
Back in my day Hedman Headers made about the best. I have no idea if they're in business now but I doubt it.

Just an aside. It takes about 8 hours to install headers on these crates. It's not a job for the weak of heart.

I remember in some instances getting headers to fit involved a lot of prying and even hammering dents into the tubes to get them to fit. Also may require some disassembly under the hood to have a chance to get them to fit.

My last two Challengers had short tubes installed thank heaven.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Kooks are really good. I doubt their is much difference in performance between the top of line brands. Just go with the best deal.

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
BORLA and TTI are both worth a look. Both are very high quality

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back in my day Hedman Headers made about the best. I have no idea if they're in business now but I doubt it.

Just an aside. It takes about 8 hours to install headers on these crates. It's not a job for the weak of heart.

I remember in some instances getting headers to fit involved a lot of prying and even hammering dents into the tubes to get them to fit. Also may require some disassembly under the hood to have a chance to get them to fit.

My last two Challengers had short tubes installed thank heaven.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you.
For installing them ill be taking it to a shop, its going to have to be tuned anyway, I did my exhaust in my driveway and its wasn't terrible but everything is harder if the car isn't on a lift, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kooks are really good. I doubt their is much difference in performance between the top of line brands. Just go with the best deal.
Thanks for the reply, I'm also looking for the good deals but ill spend the extra money for the quality so I always try and ask around, hopefully there will be some nice holiday sales on parts this year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BORLA and TTI are both worth a look. Both are very high quality
Thanks, I have the atak exhaust from Borla and I love it so I was looking at their xr1 headers because I know it will match up nicely, ill take a look into TTI I haven't heard of them so ill definitely check them out. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts