Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy some lowering springs for my 2013 Challenger SRT8 392 and I'm having trouble deciding between the mopar springs or the eibach springs. Another question I have is, should I replace the stock bilstein shocks along with the springs? Pictures would be appreciated of 392 challengers with lowering springs and how they have affected the car's handling. Also, I want to keep the hot rod look so the front end should be a bit lower than the back end. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy some lowering springs for my 2013 Challenger SRT8 392 and I'm having trouble deciding between the mopar springs or the eibach springs. Another question I have is, should I replace the stock bilstein shocks along with the springs? Pictures would be appreciated of 392 challengers with lowering springs and how they have affected the car's handling. Also, I want to keep the hot rod look so the front end should be a bit lower than the back end. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I would keep your Bilsteins, companies like Hotchkis sell them as part of their lowering kits.. If they are good enough for a road race company they are good enough.. I have the Hotchkis on mine with Bilsteins, they will drop your 392 right around an inch.. Here's a pic of mine with the Hotchkis..

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BBChallyR/T, I'll take a look at the Hotchkis springs. It says on their website that for SRT models the springs lower the car more in the back than in the front, that's the only problem. I still want the hotrod look

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I used the Mopar performance springs on my '12 392. It lowered it about an inch all around and the front was lower than the rear by a bit.

I was happy with the look and the performance of them. And, yes, keep the Bilsteins. They are a good shock. :smileup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts