·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,183 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,799 Posts
Blue Angels to Headline 34th Annual Commemorative Air Force Wings Over Houston Airshow – The ...

·
Premium Member
20,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Mad Dog Shriver." When he was not out in the Vietnam jungles killing VC and North Vietnamese and back at the base\camp, he was a loner. One of many stories about him was one time at the base\camp club while Mad Dog wasn't around. His pet dog he had there strolled into the club and shit on the floor. Some soldier grabbed his dog and pushed his face into it and then tossed him outta the bar. Mad Dog got word of what happened and the next day he strolled into the club, pulled down his pants and took a shit right in the center of the club's floor. And then he sat down at a table, took out his knife and jabbed it into the center of the table and said.... "Anybody here wanna try to rub my face into it? Huh?" Yep, no one said a word nor did anything. Now that's what I call a bad ass dude.
a mad dog shriver.jpg

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Modelers' Online Reference

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I want to say that I find this to be totally reprehensible and insulting.
I'm sure I can find examples of the MOH's that POTUS Obama presented during is terms in office to those deserving such Praise;
As well as, an Insulting example of the POTUS Trump presenting the nation's highest Civilian award to a Bigoted, Racist, and Undeserving individual as Rush Limbaugh.
If this Site is for Veterans and Heroes that have given their All for OUR Freedom to express ourselves and opinions, then don't Muddy the waters with these Examples. They Hurt US ALL!
If I get Banned for stating my Opinion of what I consider Bad Taste; So Be It!
I'm a Veteran.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
U.S. Navy Festivals of Lights – Navy Live

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Very nice to keep thoughts in perspective.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
CVA-64 - NAS Cubi Point, Phillippines
76 best images about USS Constellation (CV-64) on Pinterest | Oldies but goodies, Vietnam and ...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
141 best images about McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II on Pinterest | Luftwaffe, Hellenic air ...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
View attachment 253540
This was my buddy in the Navy. He died February 23rd 2020. We reconnected on Facebook couple years ago. I just found out he died last night. God sure brought a good one home!
May he rest in peace. It's great that you reconnected before he passed.

Reactions: BBC2Hemi and nunya

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
View attachment 253540
This was my buddy in the Navy. He died February 23rd 2020. We reconnected on Facebook couple years ago. I just found out he died last night. God sure brought a good one home!
Sloow hand salute, RIP Douglas Speer!

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Catching up on some reading here, pay scales back in 71' and when I got out in 75', no wonder I worked a full time job off base in MN 73'-75'. Got out as an E4 over four, housing allowance wasn't that much, my wife and I lived off base, rent was $215.00 a month! :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I looked at a 1972 Challenger when I came home from 2 years overseas, no way could i afford one, settled for a used Pontiac Tempest with a 455 HO/ 4 speed for $2200.00.

361 - 380 of 488 Posts