·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F8 R/T Challenger
1,514 Posts
So true, I've had so many Marine Vietnam vets come up to me and grab my arm, (I wear a big EGA tattoo on my arm) and grunt and and give a semper fi or some other brotherhood aknowledgement, these men are now older, their funny, they have hearts of gold, yet if you look into their eyes you can see just how bad ass they are. I give ultimate respect to all those BAMFs that walked before me. True bad asses.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Aircraft Carrier Photo Index: USS CONSTELLATION (CVA-64)

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have this pic in an 8x10 somewhere. Ramstein and most USAF bases PR offices would give out a package of photos to kids at airshows and the like.

As a summer hire, I worked with the CES heat shop two summers. Spent tons of time on the flightline in and out of hangers shlepping boiler parts. I've always loved F4s and a treat was the week we worked on replacing the boilers in the Zulu hanger - that's what the guys we worked with called it. 4 F4's with Nukes and a pilot in the cockpit 24x7x365. While on that job, it was the first and last time I used the bathroom with a guy holding an M16.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
VAW-116 Sun Kings E-2C Hawkeye | PhantomPhan1974 Photography | Flickr

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
VAW-110 Firebirds Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron ...

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
CVBG | Grand Strategy: The View from Oregon

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
The "Christmas Bombing of 1972". Damn right it worked. The North didn't rush to the Peace Talks for any other reason. Bless those crews and those who were lost.

Some of these B-52 crew members won't be coming back...was taking my Air Force physical at the time...have this photo in my den.
View attachment 264706
The

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Connie???
Yup, that 64 kind of gives it away. I was in VF-96, and that might be me in the white vest by the tail, but I don't know if it was my turn for the launch. We all sort of looked alike except for the trouble shooter in the white vest on the other side, and I know who he is.
The Albatros D.III - Skin Remastering Project. - SimHQ Forums

461 - 480 of 490 Posts