Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Which throttle response product is best?

• Pedal Commander

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Speedform

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banks Pedal Monster

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • (Some other one?)

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
617 Posts
They're all a waste of money. Foot on the brake and a little more throttle, exactly the same response.
IMO.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I'm sold on the PedalMonster.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,964 Posts
Pedal Monster has Safety built in , does not throw the Pedal Codes / Limp Mode, Does not Draw Current from the Throttle Connection of 5Volt but 12 Volt,
Has ODBII Code reader in it and has a Valet Mode , and Reverse By Pass... Had mine over a Year now love it. Banks also has proven Name no comparison.
You can also get Accessories for it such as the iDASH, and a Y Harness Cable. You Can also do more tweaks with the settings to refine the Response Curve
which then also Adjust the Transmission Shift Points.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,964 Posts
They're all a waste of money. Foot on the brake and a little more throttle, exactly the same response.
IMO.
Not really and you do not need to hold a brake and gas and power brake it, it reduces pedal lag big time.
Also have one installed in the GMC Sierra 2500 EXT Cab when Pulling a Trailer and needing to get on Interstate , or through a busy intersection it helps.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,939 Posts
I had a pedal commander on my RT and it definitely improved throttle response. I haven't installed it on my Hellcat because it seems superfluous, like fitting a great white with sharpened titanium teeth. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
617 Posts
Had the PC on my 2012 R/T classic. It was fun in the beginning, but after a couple of months I couldn't wait to take it off, I saw no value in it. Once you step on the accelerator after the 1/100 of a second increased response it add nothing. I guess if you live at the drag strip it may be a necessity, but at the traffic light, I didn't get it

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 A8 390 RWHP
55 Posts
After four years of debating, I just pulled the trigger on a Pedal Monster. Thanks to everyone, past and present, who helped me make the educated choice on the Forumz (not saying Pedal Commander is bad!! :)) Now, the wait for the mail haha. Another month and it's the Eibach Pro kit, camber kit, rear sway bar and A8 fluid change. Woohoo!

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,739 Posts
The original, the Sprint Booster, and I got it for the valet mode. It is awesome!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Parking brake on. Car in neutral. Hold at ~2k RPM. Then switch between street, sport, and track. Notice the RPMs jump going to performance modes. Pretty much a built-in feature to give more throttle electronically for less pedal push.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 A8 390 RWHP
55 Posts
Well, I installed the Banks Pedal Monster today on my '18 5.7. Really, really nice. Haven't messed a ton with the settings, but I'm really liking it in city mode at almost the highest level (two dashes down from the top) Night and day difference with throttle response. Install took all of 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,853 Posts
I think money would be better spent on a tune from HemiFever. True HP gain and I think they can adjust the pedal response also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts