Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a procharger for a Scat Pack?
I don’t think it’s recommended to do this on 6.4L engines. You will have to change a lot of internals in order to keep your engine safe. From what I also understand you can only run on low boost. It’s possible yes, but the money that would be needed to add this is not worth it. It’s probably easier to just buy a Hellcat at that point.

that’s just my 2 cents. I would also love to add one, but reality is reality.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I put a Pro Charger on my 392 last year and now have a smoking tire monster,can be rolling at 40 to 50 mph and hit the gas and when the boost kicks in will will start spinning the tire's(275x35x20)..
The kit comes with a tuner and the factory tune is right on - - - - - - call here for best price - - - - - -

1110 C C SANDIDGE ROAD
ELM GROVE, LA 71051 US
(318) 286-9169

Sale #: xxxxxxx
Date: 04/14/2020
$0.00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sold To:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx CR
FOLSOM, CA 95630
PH.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ship Date: 04/16/2020
Ship Via: FEDEX
Tracking No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity Qty Rate Amount
1DG314-SCI 1 5,990.00 5,990.00
CREDIT CARD FEE 1 185.00 185.00
CA TAX 1 490.58 490.58
____
SubTotal: $6,665.58
Shipping: $155.00
Total: $6,820.58
Amount Received: $6,820.58
--------------------------------------
Balance Due: $0.00

Would I do it again? Hell yeah and with the money I save on auto ins a year will pay for it self in about 10 years - - - - - - -

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,668 Posts
That's not good.
Never really understood the 'kick in' term when used with boost......as it's not off or on like N20.

Boost from a centrifugal supercharger is linear.....so it is always there with no 'kick'..........the faster the pulley turns, the more boost it makes.

It's the difference in a positive displacement pump and a centrifugal pump.

Straight from Vortech:
However, a very simple division between the two is low-end power that drops off with a positive displacement superchargers vs. linear power with a centrifugal type supercharger that increases with engine rpm. The linear curve from a centrifugal supercharger compliments an engine's existing power band, instead of working against it like a roots or twin-screw. Another significant benefit is that the efficiency of a centrifugal is much higher, meaning a smaller amount of the work that goes into turning the compressor gets converted to heat with a centrifugal vs. a positive displacement supercharger, and especially so vs. a roots type supercharger.

Reactions: Scatter_patter069

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Never really understood the 'kick in' term when used with boost......as it's not off or on like N20. Boost from a centrifugal supercharger is linear.....so it is always there with no 'kick'..........the faster the pulley turns, the more boost it makes.
I suspect he's referring to pro charger boost + power band?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Which 3? I hire OST Dyno to install and tune because they have a Dyno on sight.
Sean at Hemifever, Josh at HHP, and Mike at OST. Should probably include Johan from Diablotoona. Sean tuned my setup, Magnuson TVS 2300, the car is absolute blast to drive, runs like stock and very easy to drive until you don’t want it to. 👍

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,668 Posts
I suspect he's referring to pro charger boost + power band?

Maybe....boost builds evenly, and hits a point that power overcomes traction, and once that happens, things get squirrelly/smokey real quick......

My old slightly modified cummins was the same way, but there was no 'kick', it just shoved ya back in the seat harder & harder.................my 10 yr old daughter just loved it !

Maybe he has a waste gate that bleeds it off until a certain point ?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,044 Posts
Never really understood the 'kick in' term when used with boost......as it's not off or on like N20.

Boost from a centrifugal supercharger is linear.....so it is always there with no 'kick'..........the faster the pulley turns, the more boost it makes.

It's the difference in a positive displacement pump and a centrifugal pump.

Straight from Vortech:
However, a very simple division between the two is low-end power that drops off with a positive displacement superchargers vs. linear power with a centrifugal type supercharger that increases with engine rpm. The linear curve from a centrifugal supercharger compliments an engine's existing power band, instead of working against it like a roots or twin-screw. Another significant benefit is that the efficiency of a centrifugal is much higher, meaning a smaller amount of the work that goes into turning the compressor gets converted to heat with a centrifugal vs. a positive displacement supercharger, and especially so vs. a roots type supercharger.
It's not a positive displacement blower (Twin Screw or Roots). Like a Turbo, it has to get to its optimum speed to start producing gobs of power.
A positive displacement supercharger bumps the H.P. and Torque over the RPM range, hence the "hit" when you leave the line at 3k rpms and the need for good, sticky tires, and twisted driveshafts. :D

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,668 Posts
It's not a positive displacement blower (Twin Screw or Roots) Like a Turbo, it has to get to its optimum speed to start producing gobs of power.
A positive displacement supercharger bumps the H.P. and Torque over the RPM range, hence the "hit" when you leave the line at 3k rpms and the need for good, sticky tires, and twisted driveshafts. :D
I assume you simply left out a period and are not trying to say a turbo is positive displacement......

Again, the boost produced is linear.....if it is spinning (turbo or centrifugal supercharger), it is making boost.......and the faster it turns, the more it produces...

Whether or not it is enough to be felt is another story....but again, on the vehicles I have owned/driven, there is no 'kick;',,,,it just builds.....

Leaving the line at 3K will be a 'hit' no matter what...even in my stock 6 cyl cherokee...........

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Interesting read...
Despite the all-out power and efficiency that centrifugal superchargers offer, the long-standing knock against them is that they don't build boost until high rpm. Since centrifugal superchargers rely on fixed internal step-up ratios and engine rpm to determine boost, it has long been accepted that it's impossible for centrifugals to produce lots of boost at low rpm, but ProCharger has transcended the impossible with its ingenious new i-1 supercharger unit. "The i-1 supercharger utilizes a continuously variable transmission coupled to a standard gear case. The CVT multiplies the supercharger's internal 8:1 step-up ratio by as much as 2:1 at low rpm, and as little as .5:1 at high rpm," Ken explains. "The result is an incredibly flat boost curve that offers the high-rpm horsepower that centrifugal superchargers are known for as well as immediate boost at low rpm. The CVT employs a remarkably durable dry hybrid drive system, and the CVT's ratio is controlled by a sophisticated electric motor. With the i-1 supercharger, now you don't have to worry about the shape of the boost curve anymore, which allows us to design the supercharger for peak efficiency. On a 2010 Camaro SS, the i-1 supercharger system produces 425 lb-ft of rear-wheel torque at just 2,400 rpm on a Mustang chassis dyno. The peak figures check in at 568 hp and 538 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels on just 7.5 psi of boost. The shape of boost curve isn't as important on a race car, but in street applications it's very important to maximize the area under the curve."

·
Registered
580 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a procharger for a Scat Pack?
Since your question has not actually be addressed in this thread...P1X with a race intercooler so IAT is as cool as possible and spend the money to dyno tune it..canned tunes suck..especially on SC cars...and know SC's on a stock bottom end 6.4 can be risky and expensive if there's a failure..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts