Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Usually, yes but each place can run their own specials too. Particularly if your trading something in.

As far as the big picture? The best time to buy one is right now because then there will be no more days without it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The best time to buy one is right now because then there will be no more days without it.
+1

Right now Dodge has loyalty bonuses for previous Mopar owners that should help a lot, too, if you are looking to buy another one.

Also, this is about the time of year when the factory stops building current year models. Your selection will only get smaller as the summer progresses.

·
Registered
575 Posts
For what it's worth, I bought mine 3 years ago this month, for only a little over the so-called invoice price (which I'd researched at edmunds.com). The dealer knew I was looking for a 6-speed and called as soon as the car hit the lot from the factory. There were no cash incentives at the time and, if I recall correctly, never had been on Challengers. (BTW, if there's a low-rate financing incentive, you can always use that to negotiate a lower cash price because there's no such thing as free money. ;))

Anyway, my point is, if what I experienced is any indication, now would be as good a time as any, except when the refreshed '15 models hit the lots, the leftover '14s will immediately become 'old', more than ever before.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I bought mine in December of 2010, the dealer wanted to get rid of the 2010's on the lot, so they had extra rebates on them on top of the ones from Dodge. So I got a pretty good deal on it.

With the 2015's coming out soon, I'd say probably sometime this fall or winter would be a good time to get a 2014 for a good deal. Otherwise if you want the newest Challenger, not sure when the best time would be for those as I doubt they'll be very many rebates on the brand new refresh models.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
i always felt winter is a good time to but a muscle car I bought mine a used 2012 Jan. 3rd 2014 , and there were atleast a dozen cars to chose from at most dealers here in Denver, so if you are patient wait it out ,most dealers will mark up for spring/summer :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I bought mine in December and the dealer threw in all of the incentives available in 2010: $2000 MOPAR cash, $1000 dollar veteran discount, and what the dealer called end of year savings $2000. I do not believe they have the same incentives for the 2014 model year. I have always bought my new vehicles in November/December time frame.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A book I read a while back said that the last 3 weeks of December was the best time to buy a car. They cited dealers wanting to get rid of inventory in order to save on taxes as one of the main reasons, but also that car dealerships have the lowest customer traffic right around Christmas.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
From my own experience, I would recommend checking posted ads on Cargurus.com. Look for Challengers that have been listed for 90 days or more. Dealers are motivated to move these cars off their lots to avoid paying penalties to Chrysler/Dodge and will offer every rebate imaginable to make the sale. In my case, the dealership conceded it's $1100 hold to make the deal happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Now's a pretty good time. I got mine for $8000 off MSRP - $4000 in rebates + $4000 in dealer discount. A new R/T with automatic and chrome-clad for under $26,500.

·
Registered
106 Posts
LAGeezer is right on, typically at the end of the year. From all the research I did in ordering my 2014 Blacktop it says either the end of any month but best in December. However, because of the 2015's coming in they want to get rid of the 2014's so the exception to the rule is now is a good time. Current incentives are $4,000 in Calif plus dodge has been sending me additional certificates in the email. They just added another $1,000 that ends June 2nd. A deposit would lock it in the price. Ordering is too late but buying one is prime right now with all the cash allowances. Search the one you want and it should show what dealership has it....Dodge website advises what deals they have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now is a pretty good time, I just bought one this weekend. It was also end of the month so they had not made their quota yet. I got 6,000 dollars off in rebates and them taking money off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts