Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my winter tires at the shop. I've been driving on these Nokian winter tires for the past 6 years. 5 of them on my ex-Magnum SXT and since last year on my Challenger R/T. I personnaly love them but wanted to hear my mechanic(s) opinion.
Here's my visit at the shop

Which winter tires are you on and how do you like them?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I roll the winter time in my R/T Charger with toyo observe gsi 5 tires. Crushed up walnut shells man. I give them a 10. About $200 a piece though but I won't put a price on safety.

Reactions: HEMike

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I roll the winter time in my R/T Charger with toyo observe gsi 5 tires. Crushed up walnut shells man. I give them a 10. About $200 a piece though but I won't put a price on safety.
Those have almost the same tread patern as the Nokian. Do they have the studs option too?

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I'm putting winter tires on today as there is a big temperature drop . They aren't a studded snow type tire but a winter tire that performs well in light snow. I couldn't believe how good they were last year it was like a different car to drive , just incredible.
Michelin Alpin 275/40/20
As stated above this is about your safety, don't skimp on tires .

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just installed my winter tires at the shop. I've been driving on these Nokian winter tires for the past 6 years. 5 of them on my ex-Magnum SXT and since last year on my Challenger R/T. I personnaly love them but wanted to hear my mechanic(s) opinion.
Here's my visit at the shop

Which winter tires are you on and how do you like them?
I have read that the Nokian winter tires are one of the best winter tires out there.
If you have been driving on them for the past 6 years, you probably have more experience with them then the mechanics do.
The studs DO offer more traction on snow when the tires dig down to the pavement.
Surprised to see that even in Canada many Province/Territories do not allow studs for about 6 months out of the year.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Those have almost the same tread patern as the Nokian. Do they have the studs option too?
No studs that I know of. Traction is pretty damned good though without.

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
We had Scorpion ICE & Snow on our Charger for 5 seasons and they worked pretty well....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have Continental winterforce on the Challenger and like them so far. Trying Yokohama iceguard on the Durango, but they won’t be installed until Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts