Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning everyone.
I just purchased a 2018 Challenger R/T Yellow Jacket with the shaker option yesterday and would like opinions on better headlight/fog light bulbs.
The factory ones s**k! Lol
I drove it in heavy rain last night and visibility was horrible very hard to see the road or the lines so would really like opinions on upgrading headlights and fog lights.
Thank you for your time.
Bearsworld

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,834 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,210 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Illinois. I swapped my factory halogen bulbs in the head and foglights out for Sylvania Silverstars. Much better output and they have a matching bright white look to them at night viewed from the front.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
welcome and congrats on your new challenger. yes, the lights suck. big time! i went for lasfit leds"s, they were good, but you had to aim them correctly. and the high beams were pretty much non-existent. i then got a great deal on some hid's, and they are great. but, i had a guy chase me down and yell at me for having my high beams on. after i asked him to calm his ass down, i showed him that they weren't the high beams, but, did not realize how really bright they were to oncoming traffic. i realized that i had become one of "those" a-holes with the blinding lights. so, the leds and the hids were sold to neighbor kids to annoy other people and went with the sylvania's also. best choice.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Good Morning everyone.
I just purchased a 2018 Challenger R/T Yellow Jacket with the shaker option yesterday and would like opinions on better headlight/fog light bulbs.
I drove it in heavy rain last night and visibility was horrible very hard to see the road or the lines so would really like opinions on upgrading headlights and fog lights.
Thank you for your time.
Bearsworld
Welcome from North Carolina! Glad you joined. I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs in my Challenger for both the headlamps and fog lamps. They've been in there since 2016 and they perform well, especially for the money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did purchase and install silver star Ultra bulbs in it but still think HID bulbs will work even better if aimed properly?
I did adjust headlights last night and the aim is better fog lights i could it get on the adjusting screw.
Will try again tonight maybe and pull the spoiler off to install the silver star bulbs.
Car came with a peddle commander installed in it. Has anyone else installed one and how do you like it?
I haven’t played with it much yet and have not downloaded the app for it yet to my phone.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
778 Posts
So I did purchase and install silver star Ultra bulbs in it but still think HID bulbs will work even better if aimed properly?
I did adjust headlights last night and the aim is better fog lights i could it get on the adjusting screw.
Will try again tonight maybe and pull the spoiler off to install the silver star bulbs.
Car came with a peddle commander installed in it. Has anyone else installed one and how do you like it?
I haven’t played with it much yet and have not downloaded the app for it yet to my phone.
Unless front of your car was wrecked there is virtually no reason to adjust your headlights housings.
The Banks Pedal Monster far superior, smoother , and safer then the Commander...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless front of your car was wrecked there is virtually no reason to adjust your headlights housings.
The Banks Pedal Monster far superior, smoother , and safer then the Commander...
Thank you for your comments and I did have to adjust the headlights. Factory setting is always off.
I will look into the banks setup and am really looking for a handheld tuner. I plan on modifying it, possibly adding a supercharger to it and tune.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Dashboard lights are the enemy of night vision. Turn down the dash lights as low as possible and you will allow your pupils to dilate more to see better outside. Dash lights turned up too high make your pupils look like pin holes. One of the first things they teach you when attending high performance driving school.
-John

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
123 Posts
Good Morning everyone.
Thank you for your time.
Bearsworld
I have a set of Diode Dynamics HIDs in mine, it's a real upgrade from stock. I absolutely love them! Unfortunately, I don't think Diode Dynamics carries them anymore. I live in the middle of nowhere though, so bright lights are a must on empty rural roads where deer are lurking around every bend. In town, they'd need to be adjusted for sure. I put some yellow LEDs in my fogs, I thought they looked cool. They're nice, but some may not like the look. I think it works with my car though. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dashboard lights are the enemy of night vision. Turn down the dash lights as low as possible and you will allow your pupils to dilate more to see better outside. Dash lights turned up too high make your pupils look like pin holes. One of the first things they teach you when attending high performance driving school.
-John
Thanks John and yes I always turn dash lights down at night. Same goes for flying.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thanks John and yes I always turn dash lights down at night. Same goes for flying.
Your Challenger flies????..this I gotta see...shades of Scaramanga .

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
wonder how many people got that reference without looking it up

Reactions: TheOldGuy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts