Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I wanted to share my experience installing the big bully catch can. The product definetly looks well made.

Now to the bad things. Installing is literally a pain in the ass. For the big bully catch can you have to remove the intake. I dont think for the ones that mount in the fender you'll have to. Definetely emptying the catch can will seem to be a feat in its self given that its under the exahust and between the radiator hose and the engine.

No big deal thus far though. The location in front of the engine is much cooler than the looks on the fender mount, only thing is that you will be stuck with the OE exhaust, big bully CAI or AirAid. No Mopar or K&N CAI, so take it into account.

Getting the hoses in to the engine was impossible. I could not get it in for anything in the world on one end. I ended up leaving the crankcase evacuation tube and connect the hose to that. Anyone has any clue on how to do it write? It just looks funny how I left it.

I would think that who ever wrote the instructions is either stupid, blind or both. Useless at best. They are cryptic, no information on how to route the hoses, nothing.

Bad experience for me. I would recommend that unless you are very expirienced mechanic to look elsewhere for a catch can. Have no idea on the BT one, but for sure cant be this bad.

its on, and hopefully i dont have to touch it again :(

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
This installation video is for a Billet Tech catch can, but it should be similar to your Bully can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-j7TS3RmUs

Try lubricating the ends of the hoses with some silicone grease. Autozone sells little packets of the grease for $1 at the counter. You may also want to invest in some hose clamp pliers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont see how a hose clamp would have helped. I didnt have issues removing the previous hose, which seems to be the issue in the thread attached.

My issue is getting the big bully hose in. I did use lubricant to see if that would help and even tried boiling the hose. No luck.

Maybe I'm missing something. In the attached thread, picture 5, where the hoses are already installed, the hose left/bottom hose seems to be going to the left. In my car is going up. Am I missing a part? like an L shape connector?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Attached are two fotos to show what I'm talking about. My tube goes up, whereas in the other thread it goes sideways. Seem like there should be an L connector that I dont have?

Edit: first picture shows final install. Second picture I disconnected the hose to show that it goes upwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Same instructions. After figure F i would expect another couple pictures showing the connections and routing....

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
At this point I would be guessing and I don't want to steer you wrong. If it were me, I would contact either the vendor from which I bought the catch can, or the manufacturer, and ask for clarification on the hose fitment and positioning. I'm sure you're not the first person to have had these problems and they should have a solution for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The BT catch can was easy to install but the position sucks (right by the washer reservoir). The BB location looks to be in a much cleaner spot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes. But I had to take the car into warranty service since the water pump was faulty and I took it out to not have any issues. So after that I was too lazy to put it back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts