Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to move into the 6.1L SRT8 Challenger world and have some questions to make sure I purchase the right car for my needs.

The ultimate goal is near 1000rwhp turbo setup

I'd like to know the following?

1. is there a year model for the 6.1L SRT8 that's better for high hp than another? if so, why?
2. how much power/tq can the stock bottom end handle?
3. how much power can the stock fuel system handle?
4. how much power/tq can the stock automatic transmission handle?
5. same for the rearend, half shafts, driveshaft etc...
6. what can be done for weight reduction?
7. I've seen rear mounted single and twin turbo solutions, is anyone mounting them under the hood?
8. is there room for a large front mount intercooler up front?
9. what tuning solution are people using to precisely control air/fuel, timing, boost for big power?
10. what are common problems when going towards my goal?

thanks in advance!

·
13,007 Posts
1000 WHP is a very lofty and expensive target, i would suggest you contact Arrington Performance on this they will give a very good idea on what would work the best and how much it would cost.
There is a lot of good info here, you should post in the newbie section and introduce yourself, im sure you will get a very warm welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback guys. I picked up a 2010 plum crazy SRT8 challenger yesterday :) I've been on the phone with Diablo about tuning solutions. I think to start I'll begin with the Trinity and get into the CMR a little later as I add boost/injectors/fuel pumps/cams etc...

I had a 790awhp and 927awhp EVO 8 and 7...I figure if I can make those fly with 4 cylinders, it should be no problem with 8 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.