Registered
83 Posts
Looks like a wise move on their part.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Wow.....kinda of shocking to see this.
Yes it is isn't it ;)

It is true that we are no longer carrying BT products but the truth is much different than the "press release"

We attempted to try to take the high road, and get our customers order filled and allow BT to keep their promises, but as you can see they chose to go on A baseless attack to try to save face. It is sad because in the end all they are doing is hurting the customers and the Mopar community. When confronted with facts some people work to find a solution and admit their mistakes, other people lash out with attacks, I think it is clear which route BT chose, and that is sad.

Here is what we have been sending all of our affected customers but I will post it here as well since their attack was referenced.

See below for the official release from Lisa

"Earlier this year we were contacted by Chrysler inquiring as to the origin of certain branded / logo products, as they did not recognize the items as part of their licensing program. Chrysler indicated that none of the Billet Technology products were licensed (nor had ever been licensed) and that since we are a partner and licensee in good standing with Chrysler Group and Mopar, we were strongly asked to no longer carry this infringing product as that would be a breach of our contract as well. We were shocked by this as Billet Technology has always promoted their products as officially licensed and appears to have been misleading our community for many years.

In addition to nearly 200 open orders from this year for BT products, we have numerous outstanding orders still from 2013 and even a handful from 2012 - this is not acceptable to us. We have tried placing large stocking orders to avoid the delays in production but still haven’t received all the items we ordered in May of 2013. We have struggled with this issue for a long time and tried to resolve things in order to stick it out and make it work, but there is no way to move forward as the lines of communication are damaged beyond repair. We regret having to part ways as we helped test and promote BT products back in 2006 before we even sold them, and have since invested countless hours as a dealer in sales and follow up support.

Where this concerns you is that when we recently again raised our concerns to the ownership of BT we were indirectly informed that they would not produce any of our outstanding orders. We ordered from BT what you ordered from us, and they were unable to produce it, so regrettably have to cancel all open orders, including yours.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we would like to offer you a 10% coupon to be used on your next order with us, no exceptions. Please reply to this email and we will send you the coupon code to use."

If anyone has questions regarding a BT order they had with us, we have no issue providing the facts regarding all communications with BT and SX on their order, as all calls and emails are documented.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Kris (SRT8U), I'm curious. In light of Chrysler's revelation that none of Billet Tech's products are licensed, what will SpeedLogix do with the B/T products currently in stock? Has Chrysler asked you to destroy them, or to turn them over to Chrysler? Given the lack of legitimate licenses, I don't think that those products in stock can be sold, even at discount. Does SpeedLogix swallow the loss?

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
well, I for one think this is best for speedlogix! My recent order would have been A+ if not for the BT side of things...so I see a much happier customer base from now on to be honest.

that said...what happens with existing orders? I'm still waiting for the underhood kit and the throttle body cover????

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
what happens with existing orders? I'm still waiting for the underhood kit and the throttle body cover????
The way I read and take it, all back orders are canceled. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Kris (SRT8U), I'm curious. In light of Chrysler's revelation that none of Billet Tech's products are licensed, what will SpeedLogix do with the B/T products currently in stock? Has Chrysler asked you to destroy them, or to turn them over to Chrysler? Given the lack of legitimate licenses, I don't think that those products in stock can be sold, even at discount. Does SpeedLogix swallow the loss?
We are in communication with Chrysler's licensing team and don't have an answer on this yet, but should know something Monday (I hope). We do have inventory of things with our logo that we absolutely can sell, but need some clarification from Chrysler on things with their logos.

well, I for one think this is best for speedlogix! My recent order would have been A+ if not for the BT side of things...so I see a much happier customer base from now on to be honest.

that said...what happens with existing orders? I'm still waiting for the underhood kit and the throttle body cover????
Thank you. :smileup: I'm personally emailing all our impacted customers, so you will see an email from me soon. We have the throttle body cover in stock from your last order but the stuff from the old order isn't coming.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Sounds like someone is greedy say like 8.99 for a airfreshner that you can get from wear Mopar @9.99 for a pack of 10. But like everything there will be 3 sides to the story , BT's , Speedlogix, and the truth.
Billet Tech schedules machine time based on accounts that are performing, and keeping their accounts current. If an account is continually past due, or must be repeatedly reminded to make timely payments, manufacturing time will be curtailed to accommodate current accounts. Net Terms need to be paid in a timely manner, when they are not the trickle down effect takes place and curbs our ability to pay our own bills.

We have tried various terms (Net 30, COD, etc) to keep the account’s orders moving out the door, and manufacturing allocation priority. However, Speedlogix regularly failed to meet the Payment Terms.

Is the account paid in full today? Yes the Speedlogix account is current, though only for parts that have already been delivered to and signed for by Speedlogix staff.

All open Speedlogix orders are canceled.

We will not meet the demands of Speedlogix ownership at a 40% discount (larger discount than previous) and Net 30 days terms based on the payment record.

The end result from the consistently delayed payments, overdue invoices and extra leg work is Speedlogix’s manufacturing allocation reduced, and their orders being placed on hold. This is not a new problem.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
What is missing from what you re-posted there is that (a) sometimes up to 50% of the orders we received were wrong (engrave, color, etc.) and that (b) often we would not receive invoices with our parts and had to request them and wait, which is the cause for any payments past the 30 days. Additionally, Heidi had us on Net-45 for a long time even though her accountant seems to have been unaware.

If our account was so delinquent, you would think they would be calling and emailing us non-stop for payment ... which did not happen. In fact we had to beg for any communication, which unfortunately did trickle down to our customers as we were left without anything to tell them about their open order(s).

Thankfully, all of this was well-documented via emails. We aren't perfect, but we have done everything possible to make this relationship work and have taken many bullets for BT with our customers when we were left in the middle with no information and no parts, along with no ETA. It's a shame all the way around as there was a ton of potential with us working together, but everything happens for a reason.

Happy Easter, everyone!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
got your email Lisa and the refund via paypal...thank you!

as I mentioned before, I think in the long run, this will be better for speedlogix...just my opinion of course.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
If our account was so delinquent, you would think they would be calling and emailing us non-stop for payment ... which did not happen. In fact we had to beg for any communication, which unfortunately did trickle down to our customers as we were left without anything to tell them about their open order(s).

Thankfully, all of this was well-documented via emails. We aren't perfect, but we have done everything possible to make this relationship work and have taken many bullets for BT with our customers when we were left in the middle with no information and no parts, along with no ETA. It's a shame all the way around as there was a ton of potential with us working together, but everything happens for a reason.

Happy Easter, everyone!
I don't doubt your comments. And it's too bad they canceled their SpeedLogix account because that's the only way I would buy B/T parts going forward. A recent frustrating experience in ordering directly from B/T has left me with a less than stellar impression of the company, or as one that cares about their individual direct order customers.

I terminated my own relationship with B/T last month, not so much for ongoing delays in delivering what I had ordered paid for directly from the B?T website, but mostly for the total lack of communication from B/T which left me in the dark regarding my delivery status and putting me in the position of having to initiate calls to their direct line from which I was given reports that my part was delayed because of machining scheduling, then it was queued up for production, then it had been machined and was being prepped for delivery before finally returning to the first status that it was being delayed because of machining scheduling.

I hope that B/T reviews their production schedules, and expedition and distribution processes. More importantly, perhaps overhaul their customer support to give order status reporting.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
got your email Lisa and the refund via paypal...thank you!

as I mentioned before, I think in the long run, this will be better for speedlogix...just my opinion of course.
Thanks, you've been so patient and a pleasure to work with.

I don't doubt your comments. And it's too bad they canceled their SpeedLogix account because that's the only way I would buy B/T parts going forward. A recent frustrating experience in ordering directly from B/T has left me with a less than stellar impression of the company, or as one that cares about their individual direct order customers.

I terminated my own relationship with B/T last month, not so much for ongoing delays in delivering what I had ordered paid for directly from the B?T website, but mostly for the total lack of communication from B/T which left me in the dark regarding my delivery status and putting me in the position of having to initiate calls to their direct line from which I was given reports that my part was delayed because of machining scheduling, then it was queued up for production, then it had been machined and was being prepped for delivery before finally returning to the first status that it was being delayed because of machining scheduling.

I hope that B/T reviews their production schedules, and expedition and distribution processes. More importantly, perhaps overhaul their customer support to give order status reporting.
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Ours was quite similar on many orders, and it's a shame.

so...does anyone know of another option for good quality billet covers etc?
We know of a couple other companies who offer some options, one with a lot of quite similar options, so we'll have some blingy items for you really soon. I'm just waiting until we have parts IN HAND this time. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Spoke to someone at Speedlogix yesterday about my almost 3 month delayed order (due to BT), and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow to see about changing the BT item to one made by another company. Hope this gets resolved soon, as I wanted the stuff I ordered on my car by now.

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Spoke to someone at Speedlogix yesterday about my almost 3 month delayed order (due to BT), and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow to see about changing the BT item to one made by another company. Hope this gets resolved soon, as I wanted the stuff I ordered on my car by now.
That was Mikey as he works Saturdays, so can you PM me your order # or name so I can make a note to follow up as well, as I'm handling all the old BT orders. Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Makes sense now! Apologies to you speedlogix, as I just read what is going on. The part that p***es me off, is BT Tech lied to me......on the phone as if it were S.L. problem! when it was on them (BT).........THE WHOLE TIME!!! My question to speedlogix is, if you are at odds with BT, who will you go through now? :4-dontknow: I guess keep us updated, I am now up a river w/o a catch can.......Thanks BT.....:shakehead:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
That sucks that the pending orders will be canceled. The customer suffers at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts