Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last night I was driving down a bridge that always has high 18 wheeler traffic it's my daily commute since its the fastest route home, it more of a commercial truck road but I use to get home quick, anyways last night I was driving that same road just like everyday and suddenly one of my tires sounded like it exploded I heard the air escape immediately and something rattle, I assued the tire blew and the rattle was pieces of it moving around in the wheel well, to my surprise when I checked it out once I could pull over the tire was intact just flat so I quickly swapped in the spare and drove home, later after I came home I checked out the tire to see the damage, all I see is a small hole in the tire and the hole continuing into my wheel, so whatever I ran into pierced my tire and my wheel all together, It the most bizarre thing I've seen never seen or heard of this happening! I'll leave a picture so you guys can see. Has this ever happened to any of you guys?

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
Someone take a shot at you????

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,107 Posts
The noise was from whatever punctured it and was probably hitting the strut or a suspension part till it came loose.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
Could Shane be right here??? That doesn't sound like the ordinary flat tire.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,107 Posts
Check you wheel well and suspension parts were you got the flat for rub marks.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,741 Posts
Thankfully no, it is a really bizzare thing to happen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I think about it guys it kinda does look like a bullet hole, semi round hole on tire and wheel or could had been some type of spike I have no idea I've just never heard of a wheel piercing that way!

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Where are the pictures?

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
I would, actually, take it to the local PD. Ask to speak to someone and show them the wheel and tire. I would let them know where it happened and that you're not sure what could have done that. You were not off the road or anything. So, either, there is something in the road that needs found or is already gone. Or it was something else. And it today's day, they say if you see something say something. So, I would.

A friend of mine and I were driving back to his house after a casual wedding reception in Philly. We were in Jersey, heading down Rt. 38, in Pemberton. Summertime, so windows down. I was driving his car cause he was derunk. I was not as bad. It was like midnight or something. At a point by a trailer park I heard a sound like a "pfffft". Few seconds later my buddy says to me, "I think I just got shot". I laughed and said "F you". He flipped on the overhead and turned his head so I could see the right side of his forehead. There was a small lump in his skin and a trickle of blood coming down. Someone took a pop shot with a bb gun. We spent the next 7 or so hours at the hospital then the state police barracks. So it happens, and if it was it was more than a bb gun for you. I would make a call, at the very least.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,539 Posts
I have a spare tire... but then again I am special....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ended up buying a full size spare and wheel. cheapo DODGE won't even give you a donut and a jack
My 13' got a donut, jack, and lug wrench! I'm guessing you've got premium audio I've seen the subs go were the spare would usually sit!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts