Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to stick with the 18" rims on my R/T, the rubber is high end and brand new when I bought it, so would like to have black rims, but everywhere I look online, they want to sell 20" to 22" rims.

I saw a thread where he used plastidip to make his black, but I am not sure of the hardiness of such a treatment. Having mine taken to the powder coat shop would mean no wheels for a week and makes it hard to get around!

Any tips on where I can find black rims that are 18"?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Steve White motors has 18 x 7.5 Charger Police wheels. Give them a google/call.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
You're welcome....definitely some serious bucks....but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Plasti dip would be a cheap temp. solution and good to see how the car looks. Then if your convinced it's the way to go you can go full bore with an actual set of black rims. I've never used plasti dip on rims but from what I've seen from others it holds up fairly well, but of course not a permanent solution.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Mopar offers an 18 x 7.5" black finished Rallye wheel (see photo below). Part number is 82212330. I saw this wheel on eBay at $283 per wheel with free shipping. With Mopar, you will know that this wheel will be a proper fit.

As an alternative, Mopar offers a polished version with black pockets in the same 18" x 7.5" size. Part number is 82212611.

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I agree; they are sharp!

The $47 center cap brings the price to $141 each. Add lug nuts & shipping, and a set of 4 is right around $800.
Or you could heist them off of a police car. :gy: LOL!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts