Dodge Challenger Forum banner
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
especially when you blow out the head gaskets and have water running down your engine block into the driveway. Don't forget the water in the oil pan and the dirty gummy dipstick, which is always fun.

Ha ha...Just kidding. Good luck.
Even though you said just kidding, it did not help me at the time when I was already mind juggling all the negativity I was coming up with on my own.

So for the record:

None of what you Fear Factored has happened, as a matter of fact it has turned out way better than I had even hoped for. Makes we want to kick myself for waiting so long to do it, many want more power from their 5.7s, and want to install various types of cams, with many after stories not really showing that big of a change, or being 100% totally satisfied with the cam they chose. There is always, should I have gone with a different cam, it is not like it is a 30 minute swap to change, and is usually $5K to get it done, because it is a high mechanical skill to do, and many have shops do it for them.

Bolting on a supercharger is a really big instant change, a minimum 100hp change, but until the unknown is no longer an unknown, we don't know the difference. So adding a supercharger is definitely going to get you more power, and it can actually be done by the individual, to save yourself labor charges, which is actually a return to "Shade Tree Mechanic Days", if you have good mechanical skills and a lot of common sense. :) Ry

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Before:

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

After:

Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive battery

Changed from the Hellcat Closed Airbox to an open filter setup.

Can definitely hear the supercharger whine now, power has increased, and so has the IATs, but they are still OK.

I can now see exactly why Dodge dialed back the 5.7 as much as they did! :D

Ry

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
I may do something different air wise later on, but for now I've put enough money in this project, with something possibly pending, but I won't know for sure until the 3.2" 8psi pulley gets here. That pulley may require a fuel pump change to a higher volume output but since "Black Beauty" is not running a stock exhaust setup the pulley won't deliver a solid 8psi boost. The boost from the 3.2" pulley should be somewhere between 6.5 to 7psi, and if that is true it may not need the fuel delivery increased?

So I should at least be getting a solid 6psi of boost that the stock exhaust was supposed to yield, from the Magnuson original install on the stock 5.7, and that information is from Kenne Belle not Magnuson. Trying to get additional performance information directly from Magnuson is a joke, but I did find out why. Magnuson was bought out back in 2010 and under completely new ownership, Jerry Magnuson is not there anymore.

That is why when you go to Magnuson searching for additional information it takes forever to get a response, but I finally did get a response from them.

Thank you for contacting Magnuson Superchargers.

The stock pulley that comes on that kit is a 3.4" pulley. We usually see about 1 psi of boost for every 0.2" so you will want a 3.2"

The part number for the 3.2" pulley for that kit is the 57-00-06-232-BL
So according to that information from Magnuson the jump from the 3.4 to 3.2 pulley is not a 2psi gain but a 1psi, so I won't even get 8psi from the 3.2 pulley change, but maybe I'll actually get a full 6psi on my present setup? Or 7psi at the absolute most but not 8psi, probably more like 6.5 ~ 7.0.

Anyway, if this fills your brain with cotton, welcome to the club!

Ry

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
I discovered the Edlebrock supercharger 6psi kit comes with a drop in fuel pump for the 5.7, with instructions that if you are running the 6.4 you don't need to swap out the fuel pump. So I am assuming the 6.4 fuel pump outflows the 5.7 stock fuel pump, so I am wondering if the 6.4 pump is a drop in possible replacement?

I also discovered the Edlebrock can be pushed to 14psi, that's interesting seeing as that is way past what the stock 5.7 can handle, so beefing up the bottom end would definitely be required. Now observing that the Magnuson 6psi kit does not come with a fuel pump and claims it is perfectly fine on a stock 5.7 engine, could that be because they know their psi claims are actually lower than advertised?

Not saying that is a bad thing as they would want to stay on the safe side since they offer a 3 year warranty on a stock installation. For the record my 5.7 has had zero problems with the Magnuson 6psi pulley and my stock fuel pump, but I am not actually getting 6psi of boost either, so there's that.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,576 Posts
Speaking on Fuel Pumps, Luke from Steve White Motors just shared this earlier...

Proud to introduce our new generation, high performance fuel pump for the Challengers, Chargers and 300 Hemi equipped vehicles.

Still using the same reliable Ti pumps, but with significantly redesigned fuel delivery that offers smooth tubing with no restriction and much easier to install, now features no wiring modifications except for the fuel levels

Fits 2006 – 2019 Challengers, Chargers equipped with 5.7L and 6.4L Hemis

Fits 2006 – 2019 Chrysler 300 equipped with 5.7L and 6.4L Hemis

NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE STAGE ONE FUEL PUMP SYSTEM CAPABLE OF 700 HPS NOT A BOOST PUMP

Our Drop-In Fuel system fits the stock fuel tank snugly while utilizing the stock fuel pressure regulator, fuel hat and basket. It uses stock wiring as well using a 15 amp draw that is completely safe for your stock wiring harness. Another key feature is a custom billet high pressure venturi that will never ever let your fuel lines get thirsty and keeps quiet even at full capacity.

Fits all HEMI applications from 2006-2020 EXCEPT Hellcats.
This Fuel System is rated at 650RWHP. Please note that our Drop-In Fuel System is intended for Pump Gas or High Octane Race Fuels and E-85 COMPATIBLE!

Automotive lighting Gas Machine Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive lighting Auto part Gas Eyewear Cable

and for a few days only, on sale for $499.95

regular price is $599.95 which will go up due to cost of production and materials January 1st

Notes: Minor mods to the baskets are required, but the only wiring to be modified or connected is for the fuel levels.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Speaking on Fuel Pumps, Luke from Steve White Motors just shared this earlier...

Proud to introduce our new generation, high performance fuel pump for the Challengers, Chargers and 300 Hemi equipped vehicles.

Still using the same reliable Ti pumps, but with significantly redesigned fuel delivery that offers smooth tubing with no restriction and much easier to install, now features no wiring modifications except for the fuel levels

NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE STAGE ONE FUEL PUMP SYSTEM CAPABLE OF 700 HPS NOT A BOOST PUMP

Our Drop-In Fuel system fits the stock fuel tank snugly while utilizing the stock fuel pressure regulator, fuel hat and basket. It uses stock wiring as well using a 15 amp draw that is completely safe for your stock wiring harness. Another key feature is a custom billet high pressure venturi that will never ever let your fuel lines get thirsty and keeps quiet even at full capacity.

This Fuel System is rated at 650RWHP. Please note that our Drop-In Fuel System is intended for Pump Gas or High Octane Race Fuels and E-85 COMPATIBLE!

View attachment 314544

View attachment 314545

regular price is $599.95 which will go up due to cost of production and materials January 1st

Notes: Minor mods to the baskets are required, but the only wiring to be modified or connected is for the fuel levels.
Thanks Bill, but the website says it does not fit my 2015 Challenger, I do have an inquiry in at Steve White explaining my situation and asking what I could do. Their past kits had a supplemented fuel pump from A2Speed which was a slight modification to replace the stock 5.7 pump. A2Speed is no longer supplying that pump as I have tried to get one of those as well. I'll share what Steve White tells me when they respond. Thank You Sir! Ry

·
Registered
226 Posts
I may do something different air wise later on, but for now I've put enough money in this project, with something possibly pending, but I won't know for sure until the 3.2" 8psi pulley gets here. That pulley may require a fuel pump change to a higher volume output but since "Black Beauty" is not running a stock exhaust setup the pulley won't deliver a solid 8psi boost. The boost from the 3.2" pulley should be somewhere between 6.5 to 7psi, and if that is true it may not need the fuel delivery increased?

So I should at least be getting a solid 6psi of boost that the stock exhaust was supposed to yield, from the Magnuson original install on the stock 5.7, and that information is from Kenne Belle not Magnuson.
You still need the additional fuel because you are moving a larger mass of air through the engine with the smaller pulley. It just won’t be at 8 psi because you removed some restrictions with the long tubes. Yes, there may be a slight increase in fuel flow at the injectors at 6.5 psi vs 8 psi but with a fuel system pressure of approximately 59 psi the flow difference is negligible. Effective pressure differential at the injector tip would be 52.5 psi vs 51 psi. Yes, a LOT of thought has to go into this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·

View attachment 314544

View attachment 314545

Looking this over maybe the website is just not updated from everything this information says it covers it should cover my 2015 R/T 5.7?

Thanks Bill!

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,222 Posts
Looking this over maybe the website is just not updated from everything this information says it covers it should cover my 2015 R/T 5.7?

Thanks Bill!
Ask Luke at Steve White about upgrading the fuel pump with the Magnuson.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
After he gets through all his nitpicking and complaints about the Challenger towards the end he finally puts his foot into it and gets the full 5.7L Magnuson supercharger experience. Enjoy! :)

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
After he gets through all his nitpicking and complaints about the Challenger towards the end he finally puts his foot into it and gets the full 5.7L Magnuson supercharger experience. Enjoy! :)

Just a super charger on a 5.7 doesn't make 500 whp, but it can make 500 crank hp...

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Just a super charger on a 5.7 doesn't make 500 whp, but it can make 500 crank hp...
They were only estimating the horsepower, they plainly said it had not been dyno'd, the reason I posted this video, wasn't about horsepower.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
They were only estimating the horsepower, they plainly said it had not been dyno'd, the reason I posted this video, wasn't about horsepower.
I made that post so the uninitiated wouldn't think they could get that kind of power just by adding a supercharger.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I made that post so the uninitiated wouldn't think they could get that kind of power just by adding a supercharger.
When the video starts up it is almost 3/4th the way through, if you back it up to the beginning he does cover some of the additional things the owner has done to it that will affect the horsepower.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 · (Edited)
Looking at the Kenne Belle Boost A Pump, anyone with experience with that?

It is $200.00 cheaper than the cheapest higher performance fuel pump I have found so far?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
When the video starts up it is almost 3/4th the way through, if you back it up to the beginning he does cover some of the additional things the owner has done to it that will affect the horsepower.
I previously saw the entire video. The video above implies that a super charger is all that is needed make that kind of horse power.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
I previously saw the entire video. The video above implies that a super charger is all that is needed make that kind of horse power.
Your point is thoroughly made.

Do you know anything about the Kenne Belle Boost a Pump?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Your point is thoroughly made.

Do you know anything about the Kenne Belle Boost a Pump?
Unfortunately not a thing. I'm running a Fore Inovations duel pump return system. It requires complete rewiring to handle the amperage.

261 - 280 of 280 Posts