Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Because the 3.09 LSD was very close to the 3.07 Open ratio, and that ratio has lower 70mph engine RPMs, which means using less fuel for interstate cruising. Now if I had any intentions at all in drag racing at the strip, I probably would have went with a more aggressive gearing back there, but mine is for street use as in a daily driver, with an occasional Adrenalin rush.
Exactly!

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Because the 3.09 LSD was very close to the 3.07 Open ratio, and that ratio has lower 70mph engine RPMs, which means using less fuel for interstate cruising. Now if I had any intentions at all in drag racing at the strip, I probably would have went with a more aggressive gearing back there, but mine is for street use as in a daily driver, with an occasional Adrenalin rush.
thank you sir.

·
Registered
871 Posts
@RyzRT When you bought the SC, was everything needed included...i.e.-Fuel Injectors, Mounts, Belts, etc...? I know you said you bought the 2 items from SWM.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I put on a 3.09 LSD because at the time, I wouldn't have to do anything with the PCM settings. My build sheet says 3.07, the actual differential said 3.08 on it.
I knew I would unlock the PCM when I bought the RIPP kit at a later date.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looking forward to updates!

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,941 Posts
I just paid Hemifever tuning for the blower tuning package, so that snowball is already rolling! Thanks

And once it actually begins I will take pictures, right now I am waiting for packages to arrive and then get started after I have everything in hand.
Did you upgrade the spark plugs (one step colder) and fuel pump?

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T plus, 6spd
115 Posts
If it is a 6lb pulley kit you will be fine. I did not upgrade my fuel pump.

The plugs are necessary, my shop told me gap them tighter too,. 030-.036.

The last time I went to get plugs I couldn't get the standard copper NGK in colder step so I got Hellcat plugs but Iridium. That was over $120!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes...please document and take photos...especially when you blow out the head gaskets and have water running down your engine block into the driveway. Don't forget the water in the oil pan and the dirty gummy dipstick, which is always fun.

Ha ha...Just kidding. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,941 Posts

The last time I went to get plugs I couldn't get the standard copper NGK in colder step so I got Hellcat plugs but Iridium. That was over $120!
The fuel pump upgrade is necessary with the Magnuson. I ran my 5.7 for a couple of years with 8 pounds of boost until I forged and stroked my engine.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@RyzRT When you bought the SC, was everything needed included...i.e.-Fuel Injectors, Mounts, Belts, etc...? I know you said you bought the 2 items from SWM.
No the hoses for the water heater core rerouting were not with the kit, I am pretty sure doc440 could not get the Aluminum pipe nipples out of the water pump I remember him telling me about that. I was concerned with the Loctite 680 formula actually holding those water nipples in, but according to doc440 they will not easily come back out, so that worry is gone.

Everything else is there.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Did you upgrade the spark plugs (one step colder) and fuel pump?
No doc440 said the 5.7 fuel pump and the plugs were fine with the 6psi boost level, if in tuning there is a problem I'll change what I need to.

Reactions: CaptScat345

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are injectors upgraded for the R/T with the SC?

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Are injectors upgraded for the R/T with the SC?
doc440 says they are Hellcat injectors, and Sean is tuning for Hellcat injectors.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
If I do need one step colder spark plugs for the 5.7 does anyone know the NGK colder plug number?

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
If I do need one step colder spark plugs for the 5.7 does anyone know the NGK colder plug number?
Belay that question, I have already found the answer.

Edit: I apologize, if anyone else was interested in the answer just use the Hellcat Spark Plug it is the same depth 26.5mm and width 14mm, dimensions and one step colder heat range.

Reactions: Nightbringer

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,167 Posts
Belay that question, I have already found the answer.

Edit: I apologize, if anyone else was interested in the answer just use the Hellcat Spark Plug it is the same depth 26.5mm and width 14mm, dimensions and one step colder heat range.
I know you already have your spark plug choice and I risk being another cook in the kitchen, but check out...

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

Affirmative, I went ahead and ordered the NGK Hellcat Iridium plugs, LFR6AIX, since I needed to change them anyway may as well do it when I do the installation, they are pre-gapped to .032 supposedly, but that is the recommended gap so I'll double check and set them to that. Thank You! :)

Reactions: Nightbringer

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The fuel pump upgrade is necessary with the Magnuson. I ran my 5.7 for a couple of years with 8 pounds of boost until I forged and stroked my engine.
With an 8lb boost pulley yes, but not with 6lbs of boost.

Reactions: Scott MacDonald
41 - 60 of 108 Posts